Marketing Integrations

DKipp
Participant

View Content of HubSpot Email in Salesforce

SOLVE

Inside the HubSpot Intelligence visualforce component, our Salesforce users can see which emails were sent, opened, clicked, etc.  However, is there a way they can  view the actual content of the email that was sent if they are not HubSpot users?

1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @DKipp. The data in the Visualforce page - as well as any synced tasks representing email activity in HubSpot - do not contain the raw copy of the email in HubSpot, nor is it configurable. 

The best you'd be able to do - and I wouldn't necessarily recommend this - is to create HubSpot workflows that create Salesforce tasks when opens or clicks happen. You could include the copy of the HubSpot email in the Salesforce task, and if you did do that, you'd want to disable the activity sync for opens or clicks, whatever you'd trigger in your HubSpot workflow. 

As for your non-HubSpot-using Salesforce users, they're limited to whatever's visible on the public contact record from the Salesforce Visualforce page. If they can't see the copy from the public contact they're on, there's nowhere else (for them) they can see the original email content. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @DKipp. The data in the Visualforce page - as well as any synced tasks representing email activity in HubSpot - do not contain the raw copy of the email in HubSpot, nor is it configurable. 

The best you'd be able to do - and I wouldn't necessarily recommend this - is to create HubSpot workflows that create Salesforce tasks when opens or clicks happen. You could include the copy of the HubSpot email in the Salesforce task, and if you did do that, you'd want to disable the activity sync for opens or clicks, whatever you'd trigger in your HubSpot workflow. 

As for your non-HubSpot-using Salesforce users, they're limited to whatever's visible on the public contact record from the Salesforce Visualforce page. If they can't see the copy from the public contact they're on, there's nowhere else (for them) they can see the original email content. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.