Marketing Integrations

David_W82
Participant

Using Hotjar surveys in HubSpot

SOLVE

I have created a survey in Hotjar so I can get customer feedback. If someone provides really positive feedback, I want to be able to trigger an email asking them for a case study. I can't quite seem to work out how to integrate the survey with HubSpot. We've set up the integration but HubSpot does not seem to be importing the survey like it would for something like Survey Monkey. 

Does anyone know how to do this? We have the paid version of Hotjar which is why I want to use that over Survey Monkey. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @David_W82

The hotjar integration has some limitations. 

While you can see the response in the HubSpot timeline, you cannot build lists or trigger workflows based on specific responses, only on which poll was filled and when. 

The approach I would recommend is creating an internal notification workflow to let you know when the appropriate poll is submitted. Once you've checked the feedback is positive, then enrol the contact either in another workflow or in sales sequence to send them the case study request. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Mantas

SOLVE

Is there a way to filter the contacts that have filled out Hotjar survey? We would like to find out which contacts participated.

Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @David_W82

The hotjar integration has some limitations. 

While you can see the response in the HubSpot timeline, you cannot build lists or trigger workflows based on specific responses, only on which poll was filled and when. 

The approach I would recommend is creating an internal notification workflow to let you know when the appropriate poll is submitted. Once you've checked the feedback is positive, then enrol the contact either in another workflow or in sales sequence to send them the case study request. 

Hope this helps.

0 Upvotes
David_W82
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Phil_Vallender,

Thanks for the reply. I'll try your suggestion and see how I get on.

Thanks again!

0 Upvotes
nonoodle
Participant

SOLVE

To clarify, you are saying that SURVEY responses are passed to HubSpot? I believed it was ONLY polls. 

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @nonoodle

As far as I am aware, the HubSpot integration only supports Hotjar polls. In fact, I can't remember if Hotjar surveys were around we when this post was created.

0 Upvotes