Marketing Integrations

joshk

URL parameters with Wordpress Plugin

SOLVE

We currently use the Hubspot plugin in our Wordpress site and want to implement plain HTML forms using the Hubspot shortcode. In addition, we want to be able to pass URL parameters to the forms to pre-populate hidden fields. This this possible? I can't find any documentation on the shortcode or a solution.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
trevordjones
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Thanks for the tag @sharonlicari 

Hello @joshk,

HubSpot has a feature called Collected Forms that will allow you to build a plain HTML form and collect the data in HubSpot.  There is a help article available here. 

From experience, it's important to have an exact match between the form labels on your web page and the corresponding form fields in HubSpot.

There are also extensions available for a couple of the major WordPress forms plugins, including Gravity Forms and Contact Form 7.  You'll need both the forms plugin and the extensions I linked above.  These WordPress plugins allow you to map fields between the wordpress form and HubSpot, giving you more control over how data flows between your website and HubSpot.  Personally, I prefer this option, although it is a bit more complicated to execute.

Hope this helps, and I am happy to answer any questions you might have about these two approaches.

- Trevor
If my post solves your problem, please accept it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @joshk 

Apologies for the delayed answer. Do you still need help with this matter?

Hey @trevordjones Any tip you would like to share with @joshk 

Thank you

Sharon 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
trevordjones
Solution

SOLVE

Thanks for the tag @sharonlicari 

Hello @joshk,

HubSpot has a feature called Collected Forms that will allow you to build a plain HTML form and collect the data in HubSpot.  There is a help article available here. 

From experience, it's important to have an exact match between the form labels on your web page and the corresponding form fields in HubSpot.

There are also extensions available for a couple of the major WordPress forms plugins, including Gravity Forms and Contact Form 7.  You'll need both the forms plugin and the extensions I linked above.  These WordPress plugins allow you to map fields between the wordpress form and HubSpot, giving you more control over how data flows between your website and HubSpot.  Personally, I prefer this option, although it is a bit more complicated to execute.

Hope this helps, and I am happy to answer any questions you might have about these two approaches.

- Trevor

trevordjones

SOLVE

Hi @joshk,

It occurs to me that I missed part of your question.  Here is a knowledge base article on using query strings (URL parameters) to populate form fields in hubspot forms.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/can-i-auto-populate-form-fields-through-a-query-string

Cheers!

- Trevor