Marketing Integrations

Drishtii
Contributor

Trying to sync CSM owners from Salesforce to Hubspot

SOLVE

Hello community, 

I am trying to sync our CSM owners associated with Accounts on Salesforce to the Companies on Hubspot. Having this setup helps give context as to which rep is working on which account and also enables automating some emails. 

I am trying to map a Hubspot User field with the User field on Salesforce, but this does not seem to be working. 

Any ideas what can be done?

- Drishtii

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE
With a small number of looked-up values, that can still be a workable solution. It'll be up to you to modify that HubSpot picklist with new label-value pairs over time, but as long as you do, this can be manageable.

(Should you ever need it, the same HubSpot picklist can also be used with Salesforce record types. Outside of these exceptions, however, mapping a lookup field to a HubSpot picklist is usually an unmanageable experience.)

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
bradmin
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @Drishtii. The HubSpot Owner, in context of the integration with Salesforce, is mapped to the owner of the Salesforce record, and cannot be reparented. While you would be able to map a custom user field in Salesforce to a custom HubSpot property, the ID representing the looked-up SF user is what appears in the HubSpot custom contact property. 

Easiest way to resolve this is to create a calculated SF field that returns the name of the user in the lookup field, map that to HubSpot, and resync records. (You could create a picklist in HubSpot, with label-value pairs of SF user name/SF user ID, but this is not a scalable solution.)

Drishtii
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @bradmin - Thank you for your solution here.

I realized that the ID mapping was going to be the biggest issue for me. I did end up using a variation of the solution suggested by you. 

I created a dropdown on Hubspot to pull the IDs from Salesforce. Now, since the number of users I needed to be mapped was <10, I was able to match the reference ID with the appropriate label. Once I replaced the labels with the names of users, I used a Hubspot workflow to copy the values to a different field - a Hubspot user field. 

This is definitely not a scalable solution. But I was sure that the Hubspot<>Salesforce integration would have to be changed drastically for this to work seamlessly, and that will take time. 

Thanks again for responding here 🙂

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE
With a small number of looked-up values, that can still be a workable solution. It'll be up to you to modify that HubSpot picklist with new label-value pairs over time, but as long as you do, this can be manageable.

(Should you ever need it, the same HubSpot picklist can also be used with Salesforce record types. Outside of these exceptions, however, mapping a lookup field to a HubSpot picklist is usually an unmanageable experience.)