Marketing Integrations

Natali
Participant

Trigger workflows off Salesforce campaign statuses

SOLVE

Hiya,

I've seen a few ideas and questions about being able to trigger workflows off Salesforce campaign statuses. Has anyone managed to set this up? Is there a timeline from hubSpot on when this functionality will be released? Its a basic function that everyone uses almost every day.

Thanks

Natali

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Natali 

HubSpot's Salesforce connector can only see contact, company and deal objects. If you can build a process on the Salesforce side (for example using process builder) to flatten campaign status down to one of these objects, then you could sync that information to HubSpot and use it to trigger a workflow. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Natali 

HubSpot's Salesforce connector can only see contact, company and deal objects. If you can build a process on the Salesforce side (for example using process builder) to flatten campaign status down to one of these objects, then you could sync that information to HubSpot and use it to trigger a workflow. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
ALeFae
Participant

SOLVE

I appreciate Phil's creativity, but that is a lot of extra work for something that should already be built into the platform. My particular use case for this is to send a follow up email to our webinar registrants who attended and a separate email to the ones who no showed. Our webinar platform is not connected to Hubspot unfortunately, due to our own security policy. It would be great to have the Salesforce campaign status of attended vs no show be a trigger for sending a targeted follow up email based on if they attended or not. I am pretty shocked this is not possible to be honest.

To get around this limitation, I had to export my campaign report from Salesforce (with campaign member statuses) and then import the folks who "attended" via Excel into a new Static list in Hubspot. Its not ideal either, but it gets the job done. I hope that helps others who are trying to do this same thing. 

0 Upvotes
jameervin
Participant

SOLVE

Unfortunately that is not a scalable model. In order to make that work you would need to create a set of custom fields for each campaign. Campaigns are meant to be an object where one person record could be associated with many campaigns, with many statuses.

e.g. one contact could register for one webinar, attend another webinar, watch the download for a third webinar and attend 3 in-person events. That is 12 fields right there.