Marketing Integrations

fcasal
Participant

Tracking time within HubSpot Projects

Résolue

Hi, 

We´re currently considering stop using TeamWork since HubSpot has its own project management tool. But we´re finding it difficult due to the lack of a built-in time tracker.

So I wonder if HubSpot have thought about implementing some kind of time tracking functionality on the projects tool. And, in the meanwhile, I wonder if is there any API integration or way to link tasks from HubSpot Projects to a time tracking app like Harvest or similar app.

Thanks in adavance.

Fran

1 Solution acceptée
RachelAppleman
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Hi Fran,

Thanks for reaching out to our HubSpot Community! I hope my response finds you well.

I did some digging on this, and am not aware of a timeline to implement a time tracking functionality in the projects tool. Currently, there is a "due date" option, but no additional time tracking variables able to be incorporated here. 

I can absolutely see how this would be beneficial in more than one circumstance, so I highly recommend submitting this to our HubSpot Community Ideas Exchange. This is a great platform for communicating feature requests to our Product Team. It also allows other customers to vote on and comment on the idea. As a result, it helps us better prioritize features that are having the greatest impact on our customers. Here is an outline for best practices when submitting an idea to our Community. 

I'd encourage you to include as much detail as possible in your post, the more Product knows about your idea – who it’s for, what the motivation is, and what the actual product/tool is, the more accurate Product be when it comes time to prioritise and scope it. Our Product Managers regularly review new ideas and engage with customers for their feedback. We appreciate the time and effort our customers put in to communicating product feedback to HubSpot. Our Product team will put every effort into implementing ideas that will benefit the majority of HubSpot's user base and fit in with our product roadmap.

Additionally, in regards to your API question, you can utilize our Engagement API endpoint in order to implement the task/activity in your other environment.

All the best,
Rachel Appleman
HubSpot Customer Support

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

20 Réponses
zaklein
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Diamond
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Résolue

Hi all,

This might be most relevant as a follow up to messages from @Bozboz and @IrinaBurmistrov, or anyone who stumbles across this topic.

If you have access to custom objects in your HubSpot portal(s), you might be interested in StopWatch for HubSpot (a simple time tracking app designed to exist entirely within HubSpot). It allows you to track time against Tickets, Deals, Contacts and Companies using a "StopWatch" interface in the right sidebar on an individual record view, with the resulting "Time Logs" saved as custom object records within your HubSpot account. If you are interested, you can find the app's usage guide here.

While this recommendation doesn't help with tracking time against HubSpot Projects or Tasks, it does solve for use cases relating to tracking time against Tickets, Deals, Contacts and Companies.

Hope someone will find this useful. Let me know if you have any questions 🙂

All the best,

Zach

savionsmith
Contributeur

Résolue

I saw this, but Custom Objects requires Enterprise Hub. Is there a solution for those using Sale Hub Pro. Anything we can build that maybe uses custom properties of Deals instead of having the need for custom objects?

Thanks!

0 Votes
JarnoKoopman
Participant

Résolue

Because of this, we created PSOhub years ago , works with any version of HubSpot, check it out at https://www.psohub.com/en/time-tracking-hubspot-service-hub but also allows tracking time on projects that come from deals.

0 Votes
BérangèreL
Gestionnaire de communauté
Gestionnaire de communauté

Résolue

Hi @savionsmith,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I understand that you want to track time with HubSpot Projects but you don't use Custom objects.

I found for you the reply from @victoriaharkes on this similar post "Time Tracking From Tasks?" that might help you!

For information, here is an article "The 17 Best Time Tracking Apps of 2022" that might be of interest to you.

I also wanted to invite a couple of subject matter experts to this conversation @SNigam, @Mike_Eastwood and @Crystal_Hopper, do you have any tips to help @savionsmith on this, please?

If anybody else has anything to add and/or share, please feel free to join in the conversation 🙂

Thanks and have a lovely day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

0 Votes
LPereira3
Participant

Résolue
Bozboz
Participant | Partenaire solutions Elite
Participant | Partenaire solutions Elite

Résolue

We are also looking for this function as using the ticketing system to handle our support requests which are billed on an hourly basis.

Being able to integrate with the tickets with a time tracking tool which pulls in the ticket name and company would be highly beneficial for tracking our output and billing correctly.

IrinaReabco
Participant

Résolue

It would be also great to have ability to add a certain time gap between tasks on the level of Project template or at lease on the certain project so if the date for task A is set, task B would be due in 7 days from Task A for example. 

0 Votes
saskiareudink
Participant

Résolue

Hi!

In addition to the other questions about the Project function in Hubspot Marketing. I would like to coordinate a project together with my customer. So I would like to work together on a project, eventhough she's not part of my team. I cannot assign tasks to her, or send her a timeline etc, can I?

We're considering starting with the Teamwork.com software also, but I would prefer if it were built in the Hubspot Software. All together in one place, and everything logged, with the high level of performance we're used to with hubspot.

Is this possible?

Kind regards,

Saskia

fcasal
Participant

Résolue

Hi Saskia, 

You can do all that using the Projects tool built-into HubSpot. It´s just in your productivity tools, on the marketing section. But you can´t track and record time 😞

0 Votes
IrinaBurmistrov
Membre

Résolue

Hello, just wondering if there is any apps of build in features for tracking time on tasks and deals?
Would be really greate if my team could log time, not only e-mails/calls/meetings

RachelAppleman
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Hi Fran,

Thanks for reaching out to our HubSpot Community! I hope my response finds you well.

I did some digging on this, and am not aware of a timeline to implement a time tracking functionality in the projects tool. Currently, there is a "due date" option, but no additional time tracking variables able to be incorporated here. 

I can absolutely see how this would be beneficial in more than one circumstance, so I highly recommend submitting this to our HubSpot Community Ideas Exchange. This is a great platform for communicating feature requests to our Product Team. It also allows other customers to vote on and comment on the idea. As a result, it helps us better prioritize features that are having the greatest impact on our customers. Here is an outline for best practices when submitting an idea to our Community. 

I'd encourage you to include as much detail as possible in your post, the more Product knows about your idea – who it’s for, what the motivation is, and what the actual product/tool is, the more accurate Product be when it comes time to prioritise and scope it. Our Product Managers regularly review new ideas and engage with customers for their feedback. We appreciate the time and effort our customers put in to communicating product feedback to HubSpot. Our Product team will put every effort into implementing ideas that will benefit the majority of HubSpot's user base and fit in with our product roadmap.

Additionally, in regards to your API question, you can utilize our Engagement API endpoint in order to implement the task/activity in your other environment.

All the best,
Rachel Appleman
HubSpot Customer Support

BWormuth
Participant

Résolue

Hello, 

Has there been any changes or advances towards adding a time tracker for projects since this initial discussion?

0 Votes
ScottLambert
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Platinum

Résolue

Hi Fran,

I noticed that this request has been designated as "Solved" - https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Marketing-Integrations/bd-p/marketing_integrations?label=Projects

However, the idea, request, and issue is still not addressed as a capability within HubSpot. What does "Solved" really mean in this situation? There are several people who are still requesting to add time tracking to HubSpot Projects and Tasks. How is this "Solved"?

francasal
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

Hi Scott,

I don´t know what "solved" means for the Community Administrator, but this thread should be simply "forgotten". Apparently, HubSpot has no intention of adding new capabilities to the projecdts tool.

Cheers

0 Votes
ScottLambert

Résolue

Hi Fran,

Thank you for your response. It's unfortunate that HubSpot will not build out a more robust project management tool that keeps track of time for project costing and billable time. While they publish a lot about how project management, costing is key for HubSpot Partners to employ, they choose to not offer that capability for Partners and end-users of their product.  I guess tagging this issue as "Solved" means that HubSpot will not consider it and solved it in their minds.

Best regards,

Scott

francasal

Résolue

When you go deep on the subject of time tracking while doing inbound projects, it´s only important internally and not a front-end issue if you charge your clients for the value they get from your inbound services.

Anyway, HubSpot has some reasons to not to develop the project tool further, since there´s good project management software available that can be integrated with HubSpot like Asana or TeamWork. In both you can track your team´s work time. 

Happy wekend

0 Votes
ScottLambert

Résolue

Hi Rachel,

Due to the lack of HubSpot's importance of adding a time-tracking tool to Project, is there a 3rd party app that integrates into HubSpot CRM and Project so that we can track time on projects?

AdamSinger-AGP

Résolue

We are about to try an integration between HS and Everhour using Zapier.  Anyone else tried that?

0 Votes
gcolacci
Participant

Résolue

Did you get this to work? im trying to accomplish the same thing?

clioi
Contributeur de premier rang

Résolue

Hi @RachelAppleman - what analytics functions are currently available for proejcts? It seems very limited at the moment and as mentioned by another user below, there're projects we need to share with external customers.