Marketing Integrations

Walks99

Tracking leads from Google Ads in a Hubspot list

I've connected Google Ads to Hubspot and tried to set up a list where leads from Google Ads will go but it's not working. 

We don't want to manage Google Ads in Hubspot, just track leads. So we can see those who become leads and those who convert from Google Ads.

This landing page and video seems to show what we want to do: https://www.hubspot.com/products/marketing/ads

An alternative method that I've been suggested is to track specific Google Ads leads we could set up new landing pages (same as right now) and a new enquire page just for Google ads. Otherwise, if we just change the current form or add a tracking code it will track organic leads as well.

If you have any insight into this, that would be amazing! Thank you!

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
Ben_M
Key Advisor

Have you considered using Campaigns for this? You could tag the ad campaign as an asset in a hubspot campaign and see who engaged with your ad(s) that way as well.  

Aakar
Key Advisor

Hi @Walks99 

If you want to track it one time, you can create a static list directly from the HubSpot Ads section. Go to HubSpot Marketing > Ads > Manage > Select Google Ads Accounts > Select Date Range. You'll see the total number of leads at the bottom. Click on that number and save it to the static list.

If you want an active list, which updates automatically. You can use the HubSpot contact property called "Orginal Source" to create a list. Go to HubSpot Contacts > Lists > Create Contact-Based ACTIVE list

Select the contact property in the list filter, select "Original Source." and set its value to 'Paid Search' from the dropdown. You can use other filters such as create date, lifecycle stages, etc. based on your requirements.

Thanks for the tag @JenWeiss 

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost
Walks99

Hey @Aakar,

Thank you for this guide. I've set up the active list but no contacts are showing up in the list. Do you have any idea why this might be the case and how can I fix it?

Best regards,

Josh

0 Upvotes
Aakar
Key Advisor

Hi @Walks99 Do you see leads in HubSpot Ads (Marketing > Ads)? If yes, please click on any lead and look out for the original source property of that lead. If the original source is 'Paid Search', you'll see that lead in the active list.

Thanks.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
0 Upvotes
Walks99

Hi @Aakar I've just looked under (Marketing > Ads) and there are no contacts over the last 30 days but we've got a bunch of leads in Google Ads. Do you have any idea why this might be and how I can trouble shoot it?

Thanks,

Josh

0 Upvotes
Aakar
Key Advisor

That's strange @Walks99 Do you see Google Ads Campaigns in HubSpot (Marketing > Ads)? Please make sure, you've connected the right Ads account. If you still don't see it, please reach out to HubSpot Support, they will be able to look into your portal. Thanks.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
0 Upvotes
JenWeiss
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Walks99

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

I understand that you would like to just track leads from your Google Ads within your account and not manage them. I would like to take in some of the experts on this @Ben_M , @Aakar , and @Mike_Eastwood. Would provide some insight to @Walks99 to see if this is achievable. 

Best, 

@JenWeiss 

Whether you're a student or a lifelong learner. Join StudentSpot to be inspired.
0 Upvotes