Marketing Integrations

jdtingay
Contributor

Tracking SurveyMonkey submissions & workflow re-enrolment

SOLVE

I'm trying to create a number of actions that occur when a contact completes a SurveyMonkey survey.

I've setup a workflow so that an internal contact gets a email notification when a response is received but I'm not sure that a user can go through this automation more than once.

It's likely that we will survey customers more than once as we have different questions based on different services and so someone may get 2 or 3 surveys in a year.

Each response will be shown individually in the timeline but will an automated notification be sent each time? From what I see I cannot enable re-enrolment in a workflow for SurveyMonkey responses.

I also want to be able to increment a count of the number of responses that a contact has sent. Again, the trigger is a SurveyMonkey response being received and there may be more than one for each contact.

Is this possible or have I misunderstood re-enrolment?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MiaSrebrnjak
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi James, 

Apologies that my answer doesn't apply to your current concern. True, the information sent from SurveyMonkey is saved as a timeline activity on a contact record in HubSpot and the expected behaviour is that a new survey submission creates a new timeline activity in HubSpot. If you think that the information in activities has been overridden by new submissions, I recommend to continue working with our support and provide as much information as possible so they can have a deeper look into specific cases (screenshots of contact records where you noticed this happening, links to your surveys).

Thanks,

Mia

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @jdtingay,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Currently, Survey Monkey responses are not enabled for re-enrolment in workflows as they will appear as activities on your contacts' timelines as per this article. Following the available re-enrolment triggers listed here, activities and activity properties cannot be used for re-enrollment in any type of workflow.

There is a product idea in our Ideas Forum with a similar use case. I would like to encourage you to participate in the idea thread by upvoting and commenting on the post to bring it to our Product team's attention and provide more context. You can check the Ideas Forum Users' Guide here

Thanks, 

Mia

Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

jdtingay
Contributor

SOLVE

Mia,

Thanks for the information.

I've found a work around using a custom property for this aspect but it has identified another problem.

If a contact submits more than one survey, the data from the first gets overwritten by the second. There is only one timeline activity and this just holds the most recent data. I've confirmed with SurveyMonkey that this is not an issue from their end and I've discussed this with Hubspot support who are unsure why this is happening.

I would expect each unique survey submission to appear as a separate activity in the timeline but it does not.

It does prevent the work around from working correctly so until this is fixed, I'm stuck!

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thank you for sharing this information with us James! 

True, using a single custom property to record SurveyMonkey responses can be problematic, as the property only shows the most recent infomation. If someone filled out a survey 3 times for example, their most recent response will override the value previously stored in the associated property. You can still see the previous property values if you click on "Details" next to the property:

Screenshot 2021-04-29 at 14.28.40.png

but I understand this isn't ideal as these values can't be used in workflows or reporting. 

0 Upvotes
jdtingay
Contributor

SOLVE

Mia,

I'm not using a custom property - the information posted in the timeline is coming from the Hubspot integration and is an internal Hubspot timeline record.

This is the issue - as with the other integrations that I use, I expect each instance to create a separate timeline event. 

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi James, 

Apologies that my answer doesn't apply to your current concern. True, the information sent from SurveyMonkey is saved as a timeline activity on a contact record in HubSpot and the expected behaviour is that a new survey submission creates a new timeline activity in HubSpot. If you think that the information in activities has been overridden by new submissions, I recommend to continue working with our support and provide as much information as possible so they can have a deeper look into specific cases (screenshots of contact records where you noticed this happening, links to your surveys).

Thanks,

Mia

0 Upvotes