Marketing Integrations

AshleiValles
Teilnehmer/-in

Sync Errors with Sales Force

lösung

I am getting sync errors saying that the user in SalesForce is inactive. This is the case as several sales reps have left. I can change the owner/user to myself but don't want to do so for opportunities so others can see the history. Any suggestions/workarounds?

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
bradmin
Lösung
Autorität

lösung

Hi, @AshleiValles. While reassigning records to an active owner is a best practice, there's another step you can try in the interim. Reactivate the deactivated user(s) in Salesforce, and on their user record, click Freeze. This will prevent the users from logging in to Salesforce, but would eliminate the inactive user sync error. 

Please note freezing a user still occupies an active license, since they need to be reactivated to freeze them. If you can temporarily spare the license, freezing will resolve your issue until you can reassign records, then deactivate that user. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

4 Antworten
LSupport
Teilnehmer/-in | Platinum Partner
Teilnehmer/-in | Platinum Partner

lösung

Still getting this issue in 2022, no solution.

0 Upvotes
RShaneson
Mitglied

lösung

Has there been any other workaround since this post was shared? I have the same issue, however, we do not want to reassign old closed opps that are throwing the error as this would compromise our historical data reports (note: we are newer to HS and only recently imported our data).   Our team has been changing regularly so keeping these inactive users and freezing is not feasible for all past reps.   

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Lösung
Autorität

lösung

Hi, @AshleiValles. While reassigning records to an active owner is a best practice, there's another step you can try in the interim. Reactivate the deactivated user(s) in Salesforce, and on their user record, click Freeze. This will prevent the users from logging in to Salesforce, but would eliminate the inactive user sync error. 

Please note freezing a user still occupies an active license, since they need to be reactivated to freeze them. If you can temporarily spare the license, freezing will resolve your issue until you can reassign records, then deactivate that user. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
AshleiValles
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Thank you! That was helpful. 🙂