Marketing Integrations

greghgs
Participant

SurveyMonkey unsubscribe sync?

SOLVE

Hi we're getting ready to try the SurveyMonkey integration. We want to avoid having to force customers we wish to survey to enter their email address again, so we're going to send it using SurveyMonkey's email collector. If someone were to click the unsubscribe link in this email, will that sync into Hubspot automatically now that we have the integration enabled?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
paxton
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

The HubSpot/SurveyMonkey integration does not sync email data. SurveyMonkey does not pass email events data to HubSpot, only survey responses to associate or create new contacts.

You could try to send the survey invitation through HubSpot instead. You could even build a survey with a HubSpot form, depending on how complex the survey is. This way you would house email data within HubSpot and you wouldn't need the integration.

I have come across a couple of customers that have used HubSpot Forms in this way to retrieve NPS responses. Normally, customers will use a radio-select field type to provide a scale from 1-10. More complex surveys or designs are possible with our Forms Markup.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
rayckay91
Contributor

SOLVE

Hmmm, @paxton correct me if I'm wrong, but I beleive that if you are using the same sending email for both HubSpot and SurveyMonkey then yes, they will be unsubscribed. 

Have you tried testing this?

0 Upvotes
paxton
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

The HubSpot/SurveyMonkey integration does not sync email data. SurveyMonkey does not pass email events data to HubSpot, only survey responses to associate or create new contacts.

You could try to send the survey invitation through HubSpot instead. You could even build a survey with a HubSpot form, depending on how complex the survey is. This way you would house email data within HubSpot and you wouldn't need the integration.

I have come across a couple of customers that have used HubSpot Forms in this way to retrieve NPS responses. Normally, customers will use a radio-select field type to provide a scale from 1-10. More complex surveys or designs are possible with our Forms Markup.

greghgs
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks @paxton. Is the only way to track who submits the survey to use an email field? Is it possible to generate a unique link per contact instead?

0 Upvotes
paxton
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Yup. With either the integration or a HubSpot form an email address must be collected.

0 Upvotes
greghgs
Participant

SOLVE

Okay. If I use a smart field for email, make it hidden, and then send the link to the survey form via email to each contact, will they get that field auto-populated when they click the link?

greghgs
Participant

SOLVE

It doesn't seem to work from my test, but I'm not sure I've done everything correctly. The email is definitely the same in both places, and I see an entry in the Hubspot contact timeline for having completed the survey. I don't believe the Hubspot contact has been opted out of emails, however.

0 Upvotes