Marketing Integrations

SpencerG
Participant

Should I push all my HubSpot leads to Salesforce?

SOLVE

We're using Salesforce for our CRM and HubSpot for our marketing automation. We want to use Salesforce campaigns to track our various marketing activities. I'm tempted to sync just every single HubSpot lead over to Salesforce via the inclusion list. Is this a good idea / bad idea?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SpencerG 

If cost is no issue, I think there are some benefits to syncing all HubSpot contacts to Salesforce, as this is only way to obtain a true single view of the customer. Also, some types of association and activity reporting (Salesforce task creation and campaign assignment) can't be easily retro-actively applied if the contact only syncs when, for example, they become an MQL. 

There are downsides too of course - many businesses dread the idea of swamping their rep queues with unqualified leads, and having loads of leads with free email addresses created in Salesforce. But all these problems are solvable in Salesforce with a bit of effort. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
bradmin
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @SpencerG

When you say you plan on syncing everyone via the inclusion list, do you mean by adding records currently off the list? Once someone joins the inclusion list, they'll automatically sync to Salesforce. 

If that's the plan, you can do that. You'll want to make sure that change in volume is something that can be accommodated by the team. Reviewing your lead assignment logic is a good step. Including mapped properties from HubSpot as part of the assignment criteria can be helpful, based on your needs.

Can you say more about using campaigns to track marketing activities? If you're talking about the form submissions and email activities that sync, you'll need to find a way to get the task data onto the campaign member, then be able to report on that. You may be able to skip that sort of automation, if it's possible to build a custom report that suits your needs. 

What sort of change in volume would this represent? Is there anyone else who has sales or marketing buyin that might want to talk about what to do with that? 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @SpencerG 

If cost is no issue, I think there are some benefits to syncing all HubSpot contacts to Salesforce, as this is only way to obtain a true single view of the customer. Also, some types of association and activity reporting (Salesforce task creation and campaign assignment) can't be easily retro-actively applied if the contact only syncs when, for example, they become an MQL. 

There are downsides too of course - many businesses dread the idea of swamping their rep queues with unqualified leads, and having loads of leads with free email addresses created in Salesforce. But all these problems are solvable in Salesforce with a bit of effort. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes