Marketing Integrations

jschroeffel
Colaborador | Partner nivel Platinum

Shopify Integration Discussion on Workflows

resolver

First, I'm looking for the best place to get support on the shopify integration.  Is this the best place?

Specifically, I want to send an abandoned cart reminder, but I dont want to send three of them.  Is there any way to send a less annoying abandoned cart workflow?

The current workflow seems to force a three e-mail series. I can accept two, but three is far too much for our customers.

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
MFrankJohnson
Solución
Líder intelectual

resolver

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Help other HubSpot searchers find this post quickly by accepting the solution

Q1: Best place for HubSpot Shopify Integration support?

Short A1: Totally depends on your need.

Longer A1:

If you have a basic integration with few customizations and you're looking for general answers to questions (like the one below), you'll be fine here. Otherwise, you'll want to find a HubSpot Agency Partner (or independent contractor) with EXTENSIVE HubSpot experience AND who is a Shopify Partner with specific Shopify experience (no generic ecommerce 'experts').

++

Q2Is there any way to send a less annoying abandoned cart workflow?

Short A1: No and yes.

Longer A1:

The HubSpot Shopify Integration was designed from a marketers perspective, so you MUST send all 3 emails if you want to use the built-in abandoned cart workflow functionality at all. (all that's offered at this time)

That being said, no one ever said they all have to be 'proper' abandoned cart emails of the Neil Patel variety (see 5 Steps to Building a Cart Recovery Email Strategy That Will Increase Your Conversions)! This is how we've setup the HubSpot Shopify Integration for clients who don't want to send 3 'abandoned cart' emails.

(see image)

hubspot-integration-shopify-abandoned-cart-email-series.png

Think about it ...

That 1st email is a proper abandoned cart email -- sent within 1 hour.

That 2nd email, if they still haven't made a purchase, is a gentle reminder tied to urgency -- sent within 3-5 days with an expiration date.

That 3rd email, if they STILL haven't made a purchase, is whateverthehell [good word] you like -- sent wheneverthehell [another good word] you like. Meaning, what it contains totally depends on WHEN you send it.

Scenario:

In one client's case, like you, they only wanted to send 2 abandoned cart emails. Easy, we turned the 3rd final email into a re-engagement 'Dear John' email. 

Example 3rd email -- sent 360 days later

Subj: We're sorry to see you go.

We've noticed that you haven't shopped with us in nearly a year, so we will be removing your email address from our list this Friday unless you tell us you'd like to stick around.

If you'd like to stay, here's 10% off to shop before [date].

Help answer your questions? If so, remember to accept this 'solution'.

Best,
Frank

Shopify Partner

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
3 Respuestas 3
MFrankJohnson
Solución
Líder intelectual

resolver

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Help other HubSpot searchers find this post quickly by accepting the solution

Q1: Best place for HubSpot Shopify Integration support?

Short A1: Totally depends on your need.

Longer A1:

If you have a basic integration with few customizations and you're looking for general answers to questions (like the one below), you'll be fine here. Otherwise, you'll want to find a HubSpot Agency Partner (or independent contractor) with EXTENSIVE HubSpot experience AND who is a Shopify Partner with specific Shopify experience (no generic ecommerce 'experts').

++

Q2Is there any way to send a less annoying abandoned cart workflow?

Short A1: No and yes.

Longer A1:

The HubSpot Shopify Integration was designed from a marketers perspective, so you MUST send all 3 emails if you want to use the built-in abandoned cart workflow functionality at all. (all that's offered at this time)

That being said, no one ever said they all have to be 'proper' abandoned cart emails of the Neil Patel variety (see 5 Steps to Building a Cart Recovery Email Strategy That Will Increase Your Conversions)! This is how we've setup the HubSpot Shopify Integration for clients who don't want to send 3 'abandoned cart' emails.

(see image)

hubspot-integration-shopify-abandoned-cart-email-series.png

Think about it ...

That 1st email is a proper abandoned cart email -- sent within 1 hour.

That 2nd email, if they still haven't made a purchase, is a gentle reminder tied to urgency -- sent within 3-5 days with an expiration date.

That 3rd email, if they STILL haven't made a purchase, is whateverthehell [good word] you like -- sent wheneverthehell [another good word] you like. Meaning, what it contains totally depends on WHEN you send it.

Scenario:

In one client's case, like you, they only wanted to send 2 abandoned cart emails. Easy, we turned the 3rd final email into a re-engagement 'Dear John' email. 

Example 3rd email -- sent 360 days later

Subj: We're sorry to see you go.

We've noticed that you haven't shopped with us in nearly a year, so we will be removing your email address from our list this Friday unless you tell us you'd like to stick around.

If you'd like to stay, here's 10% off to shop before [date].

Help answer your questions? If so, remember to accept this 'solution'.

Best,
Frank

Shopify Partner

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Me gusta
Brandy13
Participante

resolver

Hi, I'm not familiar with the "customer hasn't made a purchase" filter. Where did you find that filter? And what is the time frame on it?

0 Me gusta
jschroeffel

resolver

Great stuff,

We are a partner and developer, but didnt want to build anything too custom for this solution. I assume Hubspot will make this more flexible in the future.  

The idea of spreading out the e-mails and making them a different purpose is a great idea.  Its also super easy to implement and get client approval. So that will work... 

...now I just need to plan all my extra e-mails.  

cheers