Marketing Integrations

Colas
Participant

Sending surveys to contacts... Typeform, SurveyMonkey or... ?

SOLVE

Hi- I would like to send a survey to Contacts in a certain List.

Before I moved to Hubspot,  I used Typeform surveys, but I get the feeling that Typeform isn't the best option to use with Hubspot.

1. I would like to send an email to my Contacts with custom links to the survey so the survey software "knows" which Contact is taking the survey.
2. There will be various question types, like multiple choice, long and short form text, numbers, and check boxes (how are checkbox responses typically saved in a Contact's properties?).
3. I would like this data to go back into Hubspot, under that Contact's properties.

Any advice on which survey software to use ? 

Thanks!

1 Accepted solution
Bryantworks
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Thanks for the tag @sharonlicari!

@Colas,

I actually recommend sticking with Typeform for this case.  I really like the branching logic they offer and they have a decent integration with that of HubSpot.  For the unique URLs, you can do this, but you'll need a workflow to map the Typeform URL and append it with their email to be stored on a contact property then inserted into each email.

Example URL:  typeform.com/surveyhere?email=chris@bryantworks.com

I've done the above quite a few times and am happy to walk you through it in more detail if needed.  Hope this helps!

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Colas
Participant

SOLVE

@Bryantworks, thank you for the response. Does the Hubspot tracking system break the link you proposed ? I went with typeform, but when i send an email from hubspot...

Hubspot transforms this...

typeform.com/surveyhere#email=chris@bryantworks.com (typeform uses a pound sign rather than a "?")

into this...

typeform.com/to/z3FqEL80ddsf4n4YgdA&utm_content=2&utm_source=hs_email#email=chris@bryantworks.com

and typeform doesn't pick up on the email hidden field. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks ! 

0 Upvotes
Bryantworks
Solution

SOLVE

Thanks for the tag @sharonlicari!

@Colas,

I actually recommend sticking with Typeform for this case.  I really like the branching logic they offer and they have a decent integration with that of HubSpot.  For the unique URLs, you can do this, but you'll need a workflow to map the Typeform URL and append it with their email to be stored on a contact property then inserted into each email.

Example URL:  typeform.com/surveyhere?email=chris@bryantworks.com

I've done the above quite a few times and am happy to walk you through it in more detail if needed.  Hope this helps!

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @Colas 

Welcome to the Community!

I'll tag a few experts that can advise you on this.

Hey @NicoleSengers @Phil_Vallender @Bryantworks could you please share your thoughts with @Colas?

Thanks

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !