Marketing Integrations

nproser
Participante

Sending form signups to MailChimp

resolver

I'm trying to send new  contacts registered through a Hubspot form to Mailchimp. I have set up the integration, but when I go to the Options tab of the form editor it does not include the "Push new contacts to your email provider (optional) " section described in the documentation here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/pop-up-forms/connect-pop-up-forms-and-non-hubspot-forms-to-mailchimp?&...

Does anyone know why this is? Is this a limitation of the free CRM?

1 Solução aceita
Krystina
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

Hi there, @nproser 

It looks like that integration is available for all products and plans. What I think is happening here is that the form must either be a non-hubspot form that is connected to your HubSpot acount OR a HubSpot pop-up form. It might not be a function to push submissions from regular HubSpot forms to MailChimp...yet!

Have you tried a middleware like zapier to push the contacts over?

Another option is to do a periodic export of a list from form submissions in HubSpot and import it to MailChimp - I know this is cumbersome, but it might be a temporary process/fix while the function becomes available for all HubSpot forms.

Hope this is helpful!

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Krystina Gillenwater
A B2B Revenue Operations (RevOps) Firm.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 15 Minutes with Krystina »

Exibir solução no post original

10 Respostas 10
ABeck5
Participante

resolver

Hey @andrus - so I ran a Zapier test, and it worked! 🙂 Compared to the difficulties I've been having for a while now, the Zapier set up was really easy.

I then did a real test, with a real email address, unfortunately my email automations in Mailchimp didn't trigger. I'll look into that and see if I can fix it. I'll keep you updated!

ABeck5
Participante

resolver

Hi @andrus - ok, I will look into Zapier. If that doesn't work then I'll have to leave HubSpot and go somewhere else. All I want to do is capture email addresses via a landing page and send them to MailChimp, and HubSpot doesn't seem to do that on the free version. Which is a shame. I'll try with Zapier as a last resort, and let you all know what happens.

andrus
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

I'd think Zapier is the quickest solution for that particular setup, given the way HubSpot-MailChimp integration works.
We at Outfunnel have also built a HubSpot-Mailchimp integration (syncs any HubSpot list to any MailChimp audience). As an added benefit it also syncs email opens and clicks back to HubSpot... but we don't have a free plan for it at this stage (plans start at $19/mo)

Andrus Purde | Outfunnel - The easiest way to connect sales and marketing tools
ABeck5
Participante

resolver

Hi all - I'm having trouble here as well. I'm a writer and I want to get a mailing list going via Mailchimp. To do that, I need a landing page where someone can enter their email address, so they can get their free chapter and be added to my mailing list.

But I can't seem to do this on HubSpot, no matter whether I set up a Landing Page, Form or Pop-Up Form. The process is really unclear. I have the free version of HubSpot (and if possible I'd like to keep it that way), and Mailchimp is connected to it. What am I doing wrong? I can't believe this would be so much hassle. Thanks.

0 Avaliação positiva
andrus
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

Would you be open to using a third-party tool like Zapier to send leads from HubSpot to Mailchimp? They have a free plan. (If you'd be open to using paid 3rd party tools, I'd also have a nifty suggestion).

Also, is there a specific reason why you're not sending emails from HubSpot's own email tool?

Andrus Purde | Outfunnel - The easiest way to connect sales and marketing tools
ABeck5
Participante

resolver

Hello @andrus - thanks for your input! I've heard of Zapier, and if worst comes to worst I might have to use it to push contacts from HubSpot to Mailchimp. I'll chat with HubSpot tomorrow, or maybe call them, to explain what particular difficulty I'm having. Or maybe you can help me...

My goal is this: to set up a landing page, with a signup form on it, so I can capture people’s email addresses and push them to Mailchimp, where I already have an email sequence set up.

My problem is this: despite watching the HubSpot tutorial videos, I can’t push contacts to Mailchimp, because regular forms don’t have the "Options > Push contacts to Mailchimp" bit that I need to activate.

I tried setting up a popup form, but I can’t integrate it into my landing page, because the form doesn’t appear in the drop-down list. Only regular forms do.

On my regular form, I activated “Always create contact for new email address” under “Options”, but this doesn’t push my contacts to Mailchimp, right?

Also, pop-up forms have limited design features compared to landing pages. Do pop-up forms even have a URL of their own?

Finally, on my popup form (in the Preview bit), I’m having to click the action button BEFORE the e-mail address field even comes up, which seems completely counter-intuitive.

Basically speaking, I can't add the form I want to add to my landing page. What do you suggest here? I'm using the free version of HubSpot.

0 Avaliação positiva
ABeck5
Participante

resolver

Hi there @Krystina - do you have some feedback for me on my post above? Or perhaps @nproser or @wingchun can assist? Thanks!

0 Avaliação positiva
Krystina
Solução

resolver

Hi there, @nproser 

It looks like that integration is available for all products and plans. What I think is happening here is that the form must either be a non-hubspot form that is connected to your HubSpot acount OR a HubSpot pop-up form. It might not be a function to push submissions from regular HubSpot forms to MailChimp...yet!

Have you tried a middleware like zapier to push the contacts over?

Another option is to do a periodic export of a list from form submissions in HubSpot and import it to MailChimp - I know this is cumbersome, but it might be a temporary process/fix while the function becomes available for all HubSpot forms.

Hope this is helpful!

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Krystina Gillenwater
A B2B Revenue Operations (RevOps) Firm.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 15 Minutes with Krystina »
wingchun
Membro

resolver

This option seems to only be available for pop up forms and not regular forms when created as a HubSpot form

The regular forms I am creating do not have the option to Push new contacts to your email provider (optional) section but the pop-up forms have this option, hopefully, this is something that is easily fixed as it would make sense that both regular and pop up forms had this option working

If anyone has a solution to this please let me know

Kind regards

Alan

0 Avaliação positiva
nproser
Participante

resolver

Thanks for your reply, Krystina! I suspect you're right. That's too bad.

0 Avaliação positiva