Marketing Integrations

cjcrittenden

Send Contact from Salesforce to Hubspot

SOLVE

We have a Salesforce org with a ton of contact/lead information. We don't want all of those names in Hubspot, so we have our sync settings set up so things don't automatically push from Salesforce to Hubspot. That being said, we do run our Customer Communications out of Hubspot, and I need a way for my implemenation team to push people from Salesforce to Hubspot as they need to be added to various customer lists. Our old Marketing Automation system had a "Send to X" button that would let them click the button, then enroll the contact into workflows. How can I replicate this with Hubspot?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

I'm referring to the selective sync this doc, which outlines a process where you tinker with object-sharing models and role hierarchies, in order to create a Salesforce-side inclusion list. This is a nontrivial setup that's documented and unsupported.

If you have selective sync enabled, then whatever criteria you're using to make records visible to the connector can be built into a quick action and put onto the layout. 

Without this option, you'll need to enable the option to auto-add leads and contacts, if you want records automatically added to HubSpot. That auto-add feature is the only native option available. If you need to keep this disabled, you may want to consider slightly more manual options - like having a button that adds records to some placeholder campaign, then manually importing that Salesforce campaign in HubSpot on some periodic basis. 

If selective sync is not enabled and auto-add is disabled, the only other option is to use HubSpot's endpoints and write a lot of Apex to make the calls to HubSpot. This is somsthing I have a vague conceptualization of, at best, and is also unsupported. Not every organization has developer resources available, and there are also providers like Bedrock Data who can help with these kinds of asks. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@bradmin - do you have any suggestions for this one to help @cjcrittenden?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes
bradmin
Key Advisor

SOLVE
Hi, CJ. Won't have much availability to reply tonight, but you're saying you already set up selective sync?

You'll be able to accomplish this, but you're changing the owner or data into a state the connector is looking for. This is something which could be built into a quick action and added to a layout, but there's nothing native about that - you'd have to build all that out.

I'm sure there's a solution to your issue, just as I'm sure it'll involve extra Salesforce configuration to get it done.

0 Upvotes
cjcrittenden

SOLVE

Here are my sync settings in Hubspot: SF Sync Settings.PNG

I'm the Salesforce Admin, so no objections to updating the configuration there - though I do prefer it's a declarative change 🙂

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

I'm referring to the selective sync this doc, which outlines a process where you tinker with object-sharing models and role hierarchies, in order to create a Salesforce-side inclusion list. This is a nontrivial setup that's documented and unsupported.

If you have selective sync enabled, then whatever criteria you're using to make records visible to the connector can be built into a quick action and put onto the layout. 

Without this option, you'll need to enable the option to auto-add leads and contacts, if you want records automatically added to HubSpot. That auto-add feature is the only native option available. If you need to keep this disabled, you may want to consider slightly more manual options - like having a button that adds records to some placeholder campaign, then manually importing that Salesforce campaign in HubSpot on some periodic basis. 

If selective sync is not enabled and auto-add is disabled, the only other option is to use HubSpot's endpoints and write a lot of Apex to make the calls to HubSpot. This is somsthing I have a vague conceptualization of, at best, and is also unsupported. Not every organization has developer resources available, and there are also providers like Bedrock Data who can help with these kinds of asks. 

0 Upvotes
cjcrittenden

SOLVE

Thanks for your help. Sounds like I'll have to go the manual route of using campaigns as the integration user is my user license.

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Yeah, if it's mandatory to keep auto-add disabled, then it becomes an exercise in finding the most workable way to manually export from Salesforce and import into HubSpot. I like that best, but you may have more success exporting saved reports and importing those .csv's into HubSpot instead, if this is the kind of thing that's easier to report on than enroll in campaigns. 

0 Upvotes