Marketing Integrations

IanShaw
Mitglied

Salesforce sync rule unavailable for property

lösung

Hi,

I'm trying to sync a picklist property to the equivalent contact field in Salesforce. Two problems:

• Hubspot incorrectly identifies the SF field as a 'Single-line text' despite it being a picklist in both systems.
  • Hubspot only allows me to choose 'Always use Salesforce' or 'Don't Sync' as the sync rules, when I would like to use 'Prefer Salesforce Unless Blank'.

I'm wondering if the second issue is related to the first. Has anyone seen a problem like this before and know how to resolve?

Thanks

IanShaw_1-1634127657462.png

IanShaw_0-1634127637938.png

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Josh
Lösung
Trendsetter/-in | Platinum Partner

lösung

Hi @IanShaw,

I do believe that your second issue is related to the first. It wouldn't be possible to carry over a value that did not exist in an SFDC picklist, but it would be possible to carry over a value from picklist to a text field. In turn, the option to Always use Salesforce or Don't Sync are possible, but the other 2 are not.

On the mapping table, does it show the HUBS field as text or elsewhere? Potentially 2 fields with similar naming conventions?

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

3 Antworten
Msyvrais
Autorität

lösung

I have this same issue.. All mapping is correct 98% of the time the sync works only for countries like Korea and Libya for example (there are maybe 5 total) it does not work. 

The country is in HubSpot, there is no errors but is blank in salesforce. This has been an ongoing issue for a few years now and quite frustrating to solve.  Any Suggestions?

0 Upvotes
Josh
Lösung

lösung

Hi @IanShaw,

I do believe that your second issue is related to the first. It wouldn't be possible to carry over a value that did not exist in an SFDC picklist, but it would be possible to carry over a value from picklist to a text field. In turn, the option to Always use Salesforce or Don't Sync are possible, but the other 2 are not.

On the mapping table, does it show the HUBS field as text or elsewhere? Potentially 2 fields with similar naming conventions?

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

TiphaineCuisset
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @IanShaw 

Thank you for reaching out.

I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support here, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter.

However, I also want to tag some of our experts on this in case they've come across this before - @Aakar @StefaniUAT @Josh do you know what could be happening here? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !