Marketing Integrations

ChrisV

Salesforce sync behavior after API suspension

SOLVE

When the API limit is hit and not all contacts have synced to Salesforce, what happens after the sync suspension is cleared?

Will HubSpot know which records have synced, and resume sync from there?

The problem is with the initial sync there is more data to sync than Salesforce API allows, so I'm thinking it's a batch approach to hit the limit, and restart the next day.

Is HubSpot smart enough to manage this?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, Chris. If you hit your API limit while syncing from HubSpot to Salesforce, then any syncs which had been triggered prior to the suspension will queue, and will sync as soon as API calls become available. 

I believe this should be the behavior for large imports into HubSpot, but if you hit your API limit because of an import-and-sync into HubSpot, and the rest weren't imported after the suspension cleared, you may want to reach out to HubSpot Support to see if you should reattempt the import.

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, Chris. If you hit your API limit while syncing from HubSpot to Salesforce, then any syncs which had been triggered prior to the suspension will queue, and will sync as soon as API calls become available. 

I believe this should be the behavior for large imports into HubSpot, but if you hit your API limit because of an import-and-sync into HubSpot, and the rest weren't imported after the suspension cleared, you may want to reach out to HubSpot Support to see if you should reattempt the import.

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.