Marketing Integrations

Anonymous
Not applicable

Salesforce integration - Use Hubspot value

SOLVE

Hi,

Would it be possible to add the following option in the Contact Field mappings settings ?

"Use HubSpot value, I only want Hubspot data to update the Salesforce attribute"

Currently, only the other way around is available.

Thanks a lot.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @Anonymous. You're correct this field update rule doesn't exist, and you may be able to resolve this with Salesforce validation.

If the integration user - the Salesforce user whose credentials is stored in HubSpot - is an automated user, or some user which isn't responsible for making edits to those key fields, you'd be able to write a validation rule which prevents a save from anyone who isn't the integration user (or their profile). 

This way, changes would still push from HubSpot to Salesforce, and no changes from Salesforce would get back to HubSpot. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @Anonymous. You're correct this field update rule doesn't exist, and you may be able to resolve this with Salesforce validation.

If the integration user - the Salesforce user whose credentials is stored in HubSpot - is an automated user, or some user which isn't responsible for making edits to those key fields, you'd be able to write a validation rule which prevents a save from anyone who isn't the integration user (or their profile). 

This way, changes would still push from HubSpot to Salesforce, and no changes from Salesforce would get back to HubSpot. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.