Marketing Integrations

Dan2
Participant

Salesforce fields being updated by HubSpot, but then are immediately deleted

SOLVE

I'm running into an issue that I can't figure out. We collect address information on certain forms in HubSpot and our address fields are mapped to Salesforce. Our mapping is set to "Use most recent value" for these fields.

Basically, for a subset of our Contact records that are being updated, HubSpot is updating address fields with newly captured values in HubSpot; however, they are immediately deleted afterward. I haven't been able to find anything in common for the records that are impacted. Below is a screenshot of the Contact History in Salesforce. 

Updated values then deleted them.jpg

Has anyone encounterd this before? Any ideas on what is happening?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @Dan2. What you're describing is something the connector doesn't do natively - it won't ever delete the values it writes to Salesforce. (As a test, take some field with the same update rule - one that isn't behaving this way, and try clearing the value from HubSpot and resyncing. The null value won't write to Salesforce.)

This sounds like there's configuration that prevents the value from writing, and it fires after the initial value writes to the record. Review all workflow rules, Process Builder and flow automation, and any custom Apex you have in your org that acts on the objects of the impacted records. You may also want to confirm the profile of the integration user has read/write permissions on all address fields on the object that's impacted. As a best practice, you may want to ensure all fields on all objects the connector talks to are readable and writeable by the integration user's profile. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

If you're only using Salesforce workflows to automate, try searching for "Field Updates" in the Quick Search bar from the Setup menu. That'll list which fields on which objects are being updated via that automation. No equivalent functionality exists across Process Builder automation or Apex, however. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @Dan2. What you're describing is something the connector doesn't do natively - it won't ever delete the values it writes to Salesforce. (As a test, take some field with the same update rule - one that isn't behaving this way, and try clearing the value from HubSpot and resyncing. The null value won't write to Salesforce.)

This sounds like there's configuration that prevents the value from writing, and it fires after the initial value writes to the record. Review all workflow rules, Process Builder and flow automation, and any custom Apex you have in your org that acts on the objects of the impacted records. You may also want to confirm the profile of the integration user has read/write permissions on all address fields on the object that's impacted. As a best practice, you may want to ensure all fields on all objects the connector talks to are readable and writeable by the integration user's profile. 

Dan2
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @bradmin, thank you so much for your response. That is very helpful to know. There is one workflow that I thought was the cause of this issue, but since not all records were affected I thought it might be something else. I'm going to deactivate the workflow and see if that resolves it. Thank you again!

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

If you're only using Salesforce workflows to automate, try searching for "Field Updates" in the Quick Search bar from the Setup menu. That'll list which fields on which objects are being updated via that automation. No equivalent functionality exists across Process Builder automation or Apex, however.