Marketing Integrations

SonjaPetrik

Salesforce Web to Lead Form and Hubspot

SOLVE

Hello,

Right now, we have Salesforce Web to Lead form on our website so that people can request a quote from us.

Our Facebook Pixel has an event tied to our Thank You page, meaning, they completed the form and hit submit.

The lead is sent to Salesforce.

The problem is that we can't always tell that the lead came from Facebook.

That's why we installed Hubspot Marketing- help gather emails and name of everyone who completed our form so I can cross-reference.

I made sure our tracking ID with Hubspot is working on the page.

Today, we had two form completions, but the contacts did NOT show up in Hubspot.

Perhaps this just wont work??

Please let me know how I can capture just a name or email for when people complete our form!

Thanks so very much

Sonja

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @SonjaPetrik. Are you saying you added HubSpot tracking code onto a Salesforce web-to-lead form? I'm not sure that would work - those forms are designed to always send the record to your Salesforce org first. 

In general, using web-to-lead versus HubSpot forms is a tradeoff. Organizations using web-to-lead usually have a specific need for duplicate records on email to exist in their Salesforce org, something that HubSpot won't allow you to do. But without HubSpot understanding the browsing behavior of a record until it converts on a HubSpot form, you lose HubSpot analytics on these web-to-lead submissions. 

If you're not doing this on a Salesforce web-to-lead form, but on a native HubSpot form, reach out to HubSpot Support with examples, and they can better diagnose what's happening. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @SonjaPetrik. Are you saying you added HubSpot tracking code onto a Salesforce web-to-lead form? I'm not sure that would work - those forms are designed to always send the record to your Salesforce org first. 

In general, using web-to-lead versus HubSpot forms is a tradeoff. Organizations using web-to-lead usually have a specific need for duplicate records on email to exist in their Salesforce org, something that HubSpot won't allow you to do. But without HubSpot understanding the browsing behavior of a record until it converts on a HubSpot form, you lose HubSpot analytics on these web-to-lead submissions. 

If you're not doing this on a Salesforce web-to-lead form, but on a native HubSpot form, reach out to HubSpot Support with examples, and they can better diagnose what's happening. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
0 Upvotes
SonjaPetrik

SOLVE

bummer.  I thought this would be a great work-around.

Thanks so much for replying!

Sonja

0 Upvotes