Marketing Integrations

marc-ts

Salesforce Sync Date

SOLVE

Hi,

for reporting purposes we want to be able to see in Hubspot if a Contact was already a Customer, when it got synced from Hubspot to Salesforce for the first time. 

We already sync the date of the conversion to customer back from Salesforce to Hubspot.

But this is not suitable for filtering Lists and there's still some manual effort to compare the two dates.

My first idea would be to create a Formula in Salesforce which compares the two dates and syncs the result back to Hubspot to use it as a list filter, but how can i get the first-sync-date in salesforce?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Marc

1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

Salesforce Sync Date

SOLVE

Hi, @marc-ts. There's a native contact property in your portal called "Became a customer", which captures the date the lifecycle stage changed on the HubSpot contact to a value of "customer". You can use this as a comparative in list filters - see the attached screen shot. (The naming convention on the converted field is probably different than what you're using, but it's the same thing.)

Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 8.15.17 AM.png

This works as a binary comparison only. If you need something quantified, you'll want to create a calculated field in Salesforce figuring out a difference in days, and map that back to HubSpot. 

I'm not sure what you mean by "how can i get the first-sync-date in salesforce". Are you asking about the initial value of the Last Salesforce Sync Time property? If so, this isn't something you'd be able to retrieve out of the box - you'd need to create a HubSpot workflow which stamps the date into a custom property when Last Salesforce Sync Time is first known, then map that to Salesforce. Even if you did this, it would only work as a go-forward, and would not be able to retrieve values retroactively.

If you absolutely need that retroactive data, there's a way you can retrieve this from the HubSpot Intelligence records in Salesforce - however, since HSIs are no longer have a lookup linking them to leads and contacts, you'd have to export the HSI data along with its associated lead or contact, and work backwards from there. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

Salesforce Sync Date

SOLVE

Hi, @marc-ts. There's a native contact property in your portal called "Became a customer", which captures the date the lifecycle stage changed on the HubSpot contact to a value of "customer". You can use this as a comparative in list filters - see the attached screen shot. (The naming convention on the converted field is probably different than what you're using, but it's the same thing.)

Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 8.15.17 AM.png

This works as a binary comparison only. If you need something quantified, you'll want to create a calculated field in Salesforce figuring out a difference in days, and map that back to HubSpot. 

I'm not sure what you mean by "how can i get the first-sync-date in salesforce". Are you asking about the initial value of the Last Salesforce Sync Time property? If so, this isn't something you'd be able to retrieve out of the box - you'd need to create a HubSpot workflow which stamps the date into a custom property when Last Salesforce Sync Time is first known, then map that to Salesforce. Even if you did this, it would only work as a go-forward, and would not be able to retrieve values retroactively.

If you absolutely need that retroactive data, there's a way you can retrieve this from the HubSpot Intelligence records in Salesforce - however, since HSIs are no longer have a lookup linking them to leads and contacts, you'd have to export the HSI data along with its associated lead or contact, and work backwards from there. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
0 Upvotes