Salesforce Integration - Visualforce shows 'No Hubspot Data'

Highlighted
Visitor

Hi all

Having a problem with my Hubspot and Salesforce integration. I've spot checked about 25 contacts and all of them are showing as 'No Hubspot Data Available" (please see screenshot).

Any ideas on what the problem might be and how to fix it?

Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 16.14.22.png

Thanks

Rachel

0 Upvotes
9 Replies
Esteemed Advisor

Hi, @rachelmudd. This is the zero state screen - this displays for any record which has yet to sync with HubSpot. A lot of portals opt not to sync every Salesforce lead or contact to HubSpot, and you'd expect to see this appear in the Visualforce page there for those. (Same holds for Salesforce records lacking unique, valid emails, as those don't sync to HubSpot.)

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
0 Upvotes
Visitor

Hi @bradmin - thanks for the super quick response!

All of the contacts I've checked are on Hubspot though. They have synced and have accounts on there. However, they haven't necessarily had emails sent to them yet - does this matter?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
Esteemed Advisor

One and only one Salesforce record can sync to HubSpot at a time. If you're looking at a duplicate record on email in Salesforce, the dupe would have the zero-state screen, and the one syncing to HubSpot would populate with data. 

As a test, go to a HubSpot contact. Scroll down in the left margin, and click the View Salesforce Contact button, and see if it takes you to a record with a non-zero-state Visualforce page. 

0 Upvotes
Visitor

It does, unfortunately. Have checked 3, and all of the Hubspot contacts take me through to the same view.

0 Upvotes
Esteemed Advisor

There may be issues with the visibility of the page in Salesforce to groups of users. Go to your profile (or have a system administrator do so, if you're not able), and access the Visualforce Page Access option. 

Ensure that all Visualforce pages starting with the HubSpot_Inc namespace are visible to the profile. Then, return to the page and refresh, to see if that returns the results you're looking for. (If that does work, rinse, lather, repeat for all profiles.)

0 Upvotes
Visitor

Thanks @bradmin - we'll take a look and try that. But just to check, there are a few that are coming up fine, would that mean that my permission / visibility is ok or could that still be the issue?

0 Upvotes
Esteemed Advisor

No, that probably doesn't sound like that's in play. The expectation for what I described would be an all-or-nothing sort of scenario. [However, there are different Visualforce pages for each object's page layout, so it's possible that you have access to see the Visualforce page on a lead or account layout, but not a contact layout.]

If all Visualforce pages are visible to your profile, and the integration user's profile - the user whose Salesforce credentials are stored in HubSpot to make the integration work - I'd suggest talking to HubSpot Support. Either there's some additional config I've overlooked, or something's working differently than designed for reasons I can't explain.

0 Upvotes
Visitor

Thanks so much. We'll take a look at the different layout types and try to get to the bottom of it.

You've been a huge help - thanks so much!!

0 Upvotes
Esteemed Advisor

Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 11.45.43 AM.png

Specifically, you want to ensure all of these Visualforce pages are visible to all users' profiles who need access to the package, especially yours and the integration user's profile, regardless whether the pages are on the page layout.

0 Upvotes