Marketing Integrations

ReUpEducation
Contributor

Salesforce Custom Object integration - Initial sync and filtering issues

We created a custom object called Term in Hubspot to sync with a Salesforce object of the same name.

Issue 1 - Initial Sync
There doesn't seem to be an easy way to initially populate the existing Term records from Salesforce into Hubspot. The integration page advises, "Turning on sync won't import all your term data into HubSpot right away. Instead, individual records will sync when they're created or updated in Salesforce. If you want to bring everything into HubSpot immediately, use an import."

ReUpEducation_1-1625683352725.png

Our Term records aren't updated often, so we opted to import them. However, upon importing the records, there's nothing that actually associates them to the Salesforce records. So now when a Term record in Salesforce is updated, a duplicate Term record is created in Salesforce instead of updating the imported one.

Screenshot 2021-07-07 111139.jpgIt appears that the only way to actually force the Salesforce Term records to populate to Hubspot is to manufacture an update of all the Term records within Salesforce. Am I missing another solution for getting imported records to sync with Hubspot?

Issue 2 - Filtering by Company

The Term object associates to Company in Hubspot, and during the integration setup we were prompted to select the relevant Salesforce field for that association, which is called Institution.

ReUpEducation_0-1625683143377.png

However, when viewing the Term records there doesn't appear appear to be a way to use Company as a filter.

ReUpEducation_3-1625684931002.png

And the Institution field can't be used to even create a new property that could be filtered on.

ReUpEducation_4-1625685017541.png

For standard objects, the Salesforce Account name on Contacts creates the association with the Company object, but it's also mapped as its own field so it can be filtered on. That doesn't seem to be the case with custom objects; once the field is used for an association it can no longer be mapped. So how do we filter Terms by Company or Institution? 

1 Reply 1
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Salesforce Custom Object integration - Initial sync and filtering issues

Hi @ReUpEducation,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and your detailed post.

The feature that syncs objects from your Salesforce account to HubSpot as custom objects went live in spring, but the available documentation might not yet cover all use cases. I've therefore asked our Salesforce integration team for help with your query and will get back to you as soon as I have more information. 

To be able to look into this case in more detail, it would be great if you could send me your HubID and a link to the custom object "Terms" in your HubSpot account via a direct message. 

Thank you! 

Mia

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings