Marketing Integrations

AndreaM02
Participant

Salesforce Campaign Attachment from List Upload

SOLVE

This may have been covered in another post, but we really need the ability to attach leads to campaigns from list uploads.   If we are providing Hubspot with the Campaign ID in our list upload, then the system should be able to match and attach the lead accordingly.    This would save us a lot of time. Today, we have to create a workflow that only attaches to one campaign at a time per branch so at most 19 campaigns can be assigned until you have to roll it into a new workflow.  This unfortunately does not help if new campaigns are added regularly to Salesforce.   We have a lead upload template where we ask our teams for this ID in addition to other fields we need to create/update a lead.   This would be a life saver.  It would be like having a vlookup within the tool that also attaches and assigns a member status.  

1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE
If you're manually importing, it won't matter whether you do so in Salesforce or HubSpot - HubSpot will still put an Original Source of OFFLINE for those records. The specific functionality you're looking for doesn't exist on import. You'd either have to create HubSpot workflows, as you have, or try the Salesforce campaign import route. I think the latter involves fewer steps and less maintenance, based on what you've described.

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @AndreaM02 

Thank you for sharing this. I am going to tag @bradmin who is our Salesforce expert. 

Hey Brad, do you think there is any workaround for this? 

Thank you

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @AndreaM02. Are you saying you're doing all your Salesforce campaign enrollment from HubSpot imports? It may be easier to import these into Salesforce first into the desired campaign with the desired status, then import that Salesforce campaign into HubSpot via the import tool.

AndreaM02
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @bradmin we are enrolling all offline events via import.   It appears hubspot already has a field that tracks the SFDC Campaign ID.   My thought is that we should be able to leverage this to attach leads to campaigns.  I feel that everything for marketing should start in the marketing automation platform.  All leads from marketing should come from the marketing automation platform, therefore, if we need to associate leads from an import to multiple campaigns, we should have the ability to do so.  I came from working in Eloqua and this is very possible in their platform, was hoping hubspot could so the same without us having to create workflows for every campaign.  

vaseho
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @AndreaM02 I agree with you this would be super useful, have you find a workaround to solve this that you can share with me? I'm trying to associate leads from an import to a specific campaign so they have it tagged during their whole journey and once they met the SQL threshold and are sent to salesforce they have the correct campaign tag for attribution from the beginning. Of course, they can be associated with more campaigns (e.g. nurturing), but we want to have the 1st campaign as the main source for attribution. 

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE
If you're manually importing, it won't matter whether you do so in Salesforce or HubSpot - HubSpot will still put an Original Source of OFFLINE for those records. The specific functionality you're looking for doesn't exist on import. You'd either have to create HubSpot workflows, as you have, or try the Salesforce campaign import route. I think the latter involves fewer steps and less maintenance, based on what you've described.