Marketing Integrations

cmilerick
Contributor

Re: Do You Integrate with Constant Contact?

SOLVE

I use Constant Contact and Hubspot and I am thinking about discontinuing Constant Contact and using Hubspot for my bulk email marketing campaigns.  Will I lose anything?  I know that I will increase the number of contacts I currently have in my account but it will not bring me close to my current threshold of pricing.  

I love the ease of use for Constant Contact for bulk email marketing.  What's the downside if I discontinue CC and use HS?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Bryantworks
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hey @cmilerick 

In my opinion, migration is super easy, especially if you use a service like Import2Wizard.  As for sending emails from HubSpot, I have what I like to call the curse of knowledge.  I've been working in HubSpot for many years now so I know a few workarounds, best practices, and more when it comes to using and optimizing the platform.  But I completely understand that to someone new to email marketing, or coming from one system to another there are many, "Where did they put that?" questions.

That being said, HubSpot has outstanding resources for how to send emails to contacts, creating templates with their new drag and drop builder and more on their resources page, and you also have us here on the Community!

I would encourage you to check out the resources first or us here in the community if you're on the free account.  Or contact HubSpot directly with other questions if you do move to a paid account.  Feel free to reach out to me via PM or the other experts @jennysowyrda mentioned above.  I'd be happy to share my tips and tricks for best practices on the platform as it relates to your particular use cases (not everyone has the same goals).

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Bryantworks

SOLVE

Thanks for the mention @jennysowyrda!

Hey @anchorandfirth ,

I've migrated contacts from various platforms including Constant Contact, do you have any particular questions about the migration or are you looking to utilize the free CRM while sending email from Constant Contact?  I might have a bias, but I believe for the features of software provided, HubSpot (especially the workflows alone) provide tremendous value for the cost versus other competitors in the same space.

Let me know if you have any particular questions about integrating the two, as @relabidin already pointed out you can likely use someone like Zapier, Automate.io, or Integromat to sync up data between the two.

cmilerick
Contributor

SOLVE

Having never attempted to migrate my contacts from one platform or another, I feel like I don't know what I don't know so I guess I want to know what's the downside, what's the step by step, has anyone got any negatives to using HS over CC for email marketing  (CC is so easy)   For example, I am testing out some of the provided templates and already having difficulty with the "READ MORE" button in the Sleek Magazine template as it is not editable.    Hubspot is working on a fix ...seems like it should be in the template in the first place so I'm wary of ease of use.  

0 Upvotes
Bryantworks
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @cmilerick 

In my opinion, migration is super easy, especially if you use a service like Import2Wizard.  As for sending emails from HubSpot, I have what I like to call the curse of knowledge.  I've been working in HubSpot for many years now so I know a few workarounds, best practices, and more when it comes to using and optimizing the platform.  But I completely understand that to someone new to email marketing, or coming from one system to another there are many, "Where did they put that?" questions.

That being said, HubSpot has outstanding resources for how to send emails to contacts, creating templates with their new drag and drop builder and more on their resources page, and you also have us here on the Community!

I would encourage you to check out the resources first or us here in the community if you're on the free account.  Or contact HubSpot directly with other questions if you do move to a paid account.  Feel free to reach out to me via PM or the other experts @jennysowyrda mentioned above.  I'd be happy to share my tips and tricks for best practices on the platform as it relates to your particular use cases (not everyone has the same goals).

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @cmilerick,

I want to tag in some subject matter experts who may have some experience with transitioning from Constant Contact to HubSpot.

@MFrankJohnson@Kim_HM@MatthewShepherd@Bryantworks have any of you had any experience migrating customers from CC to HS? 

Additionally, here are a few resources I found from external websites: 

1. Constant Contact vs. HubSpot

2. HubSpot vs. Constant Contact

Thank you,

Jenny

cmilerick
Contributor

SOLVE

Jenny - thanks for tagging some experts, I appreciate it!  Looking to hear what they have to say about the overall use of HS for email marketing VS CS.  

0 Upvotes