Marketing Integrations

J_R
Participant

Questions with Beacon integration

SOLVE

I've noticed that while I've built premium downloadable content in Beacon and saved it there, some of the changes I've made within Beacon are not translating to the final download in HubSpot - File Manager.

There is an additional page between my Summary and Call To Action pages, and the url within my Call To Action button is missing.  

The same is true for a piece we created months ago.  A co-worker built the checklist in Beacon, but some pieces did not convert to Hubspot.  The video on the Call To Action page does not display (instead text as a link does) and the url within the Call To Action button is again, not saved.

I have a message to Beacon on this as well, but was hoping someone here could help.

Thank you

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @J_R could you share some more information about Beacon software and how you have set up the integration?

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
J_R
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Sure @roisinkirby.  

I've realized after some time now that there isn't much of an actual integration between Beacon and HubSpot.  That was poor word choice on my part.

I'm using Beacon to create an ebook, which is then saved in the HubSpot File Manager as a downloadable piece of content.  I setup all of the content, images, links, etc. in Beacon and save that as a .pdf to a local folder.

I then upload the .pdf from that local folder in to HubSpot.  

I should also note that while there were some irregularities reported originally, they don't seem to be a problem anymore.  When I select the preview link in HubSpot of a particular .pdf, it opens in a new window with all CTA buttons working accordingly.  Also, there are no additional pages displaying which is also something I reported at first.

This doesn't seem to be a problem anymore.  I hope this answers your question, and thank you for following up!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @J_R could you share some more information about Beacon software and how you have set up the integration?

0 Upvotes
J_R
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Sure @roisinkirby.  

I've realized after some time now that there isn't much of an actual integration between Beacon and HubSpot.  That was poor word choice on my part.

I'm using Beacon to create an ebook, which is then saved in the HubSpot File Manager as a downloadable piece of content.  I setup all of the content, images, links, etc. in Beacon and save that as a .pdf to a local folder.

I then upload the .pdf from that local folder in to HubSpot.  

I should also note that while there were some irregularities reported originally, they don't seem to be a problem anymore.  When I select the preview link in HubSpot of a particular .pdf, it opens in a new window with all CTA buttons working accordingly.  Also, there are no additional pages displaying which is also something I reported at first.

This doesn't seem to be a problem anymore.  I hope this answers your question, and thank you for following up!