Marketing Integrations

dylanm510

Publication Download Form Fields

SOLVE

My company uses Expression Engine CMS, with Freeform Pro as our form service. To download our publications, users fill out a brief form, and all of the fields are mapped to properties in HubSpot. The only thing we're having trouble with is recording what publication they downloaded. We'd like to do this in a note, but haven't found any way of mapping that. Similarly, we want to map the body content of our Contact Us forms to a note as well.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
vladgeo1
Solution

SOLVE

Are you using a diferent form for each publication?

If you are, then create a new field (ex. "Publication Name"), add it to the forms and prefill it with the name of the publication that each form allows to download. Then make it hidden, so that the prospect won't see it.

If you are using the same form on multiple pages, then same as before create the property, and go to workflows in Hubspot. Create a new workflow, with the start condition "If a contact filled a form on a specific page" and the action "then change property value to - the publication name the landing page allows to download".

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
vladgeo1
Solution

SOLVE

Are you using a diferent form for each publication?

If you are, then create a new field (ex. "Publication Name"), add it to the forms and prefill it with the name of the publication that each form allows to download. Then make it hidden, so that the prospect won't see it.

If you are using the same form on multiple pages, then same as before create the property, and go to workflows in Hubspot. Create a new workflow, with the start condition "If a contact filled a form on a specific page" and the action "then change property value to - the publication name the landing page allows to download".

Hope this helps.

0 Upvotes
dylanm510

SOLVE

Thanks for the reply! We do have one field for all of them, and since there are a large number of publications, we'd need a long list. It seems that since I'm using the free version of HubSpot, I also don't have access to Workflows.

I'm wondering if there's some way to do it with Deals? I noticed that each time someone fills out a form, it creates a new blank deal to associate them with. I tried making a hidden field called "Webiste Downloads" and mapped it to Deal Name, but when I tested it out, I found that it just keeps making new Deals called "Website Downloads" instead of associating them all with the same one.

I'm wondering if there's some way I can make a hidden field on the form, and set it to be the name of the publication they're downloading. But I'd need some way to make it so that if multiple people download the same publication, they're getting assoicated with the same deal, rather than creating new ones with the same name.

0 Upvotes