Marketing Integrations

Biduido

Problems with Zoom integration

SOLVE

Hi,

I'm trying to schedule a webinar with Zoom and I'm struggling with something. Following the instructions, I managed to integrate both software flawlessly, as users can register to the webinar through Hubspot's landings pages and forms. No problem there.

However, I would like to send a confirmation email, as well as a reminder, set up an automation for that purpose. The problem is that the personalization token "Webinar confirmation link" doesn't show up in options. It was supposed to be there, accordingly to the instructions I'm following. Did anybody has the same problem? How did you solve that? Thanks in advance for your attention. Enjoy

2 Accepted solutions
lpick
Solution

SOLVE

I did figure it out!  That blog article is out of date with the Workflow set up.  The second step in the Workflow shown in the article is incorrect.  Instead of setting up a webhook, there is now a more automatic way: + > Choose an action pop-out > Integrations > Add Contact to Zoom webinar.  You do have to add the hyphens in the webinar ID for this one as well.

View solution in original post

LROADY
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @ckennedy

We use a hubspot workflow to sync the registration form submissions to Zoom. Screenshot below. 

sync.JPG

We have run into problems where the zoom webinar user did not have full admin priveleges and that broke this sync. Make sure that's not the problem!

Our setup:

• hubspot landing page with our TOFU form
  • hubspot send proactive inviation email, linking to hubspot landing page
  • hubspot workflow syncs registrants to zoom
  • active hubspot contact list keeps tabs on registration list (compare to zoom to make sure nothing is broken!)
  • zoom sends confirmation email
  • zoom sends reminder emails 1 day and 1 hour before
  • we send followup email via hubspot to all registrants (have to manually add in replay link to the email body) - we do not send different emails based on attended/not attended. 

View solution in original post

21 Replies 21
HBall

SOLVE

Thanks @Jpbsalibe. Would it be best them to switch off the registration settings in zoom?

0 Upvotes
Jpbsalibe
Contributor

SOLVE
Hi! Not sure about that, because when you have registration, you can send
from zoom the reminder emails.
0 Upvotes
ckennedy
Participant

SOLVE

What I'm curious to know is how you were able to automatically register people for a Zoom webinar using the Hubspot form? I have to go in and manually register in Zoom the form submissions from the hubspot landing page, and it is a major pain, I can tell you. Any help provided here would be a lifesaver!

0 Upvotes
LROADY
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @ckennedy

We use a hubspot workflow to sync the registration form submissions to Zoom. Screenshot below. 

sync.JPG

We have run into problems where the zoom webinar user did not have full admin priveleges and that broke this sync. Make sure that's not the problem!

Our setup:

• hubspot landing page with our TOFU form
  • hubspot send proactive inviation email, linking to hubspot landing page
  • hubspot workflow syncs registrants to zoom
  • active hubspot contact list keeps tabs on registration list (compare to zoom to make sure nothing is broken!)
  • zoom sends confirmation email
  • zoom sends reminder emails 1 day and 1 hour before
  • we send followup email via hubspot to all registrants (have to manually add in replay link to the email body) - we do not send different emails based on attended/not attended. 

HBall

SOLVE

Hi @LROADY

Congrats on figuring this out, I am still trying to solve this issue. Can you help?

I've set up the zoom webinar, created a form in HubSpot and created a workflow (see screenshot). Customers who complete the HubSpot form should be added to zoom and then their preferences listed in HS for later marketing comms. 

The problem is when I sign up, it doesn't come through in zoom. I have tried signing up 4 times with different email accounts and there are still no registrants in zoom. 

Any idea where I have gone wrong?

Thanks in advance!

workflow.PNG

TSacchetti
Participant

SOLVE

Interesting to note: we have the process going in the opposite direction.
Start with the Zoom registration, and that form then hooks into Hubspot and adds to an upcoming webinar list (for the workflow to then set the proper deal stage). No issue then with confirmation emails, because those can be sent automatically via the Zoom process. The issue I have is our Zoom form requires phone #, but that's not a required field in Hubspot, so trying to resolve that now.

0 Upvotes
Jpbsalibe
Contributor

SOLVE

Check your Zoom form for the seminar, when you set some properties as require in zoom, hubspot can't send the info because the internal name of those properties is not the same, so people don't get registered. 

LROADY
Contributor

SOLVE

Your workflow looks right!

• Check your webinar ID - usually when our sync has broken its becuase a typo in the webinar ID in the workflow
  • Make sure the zoom user selected in the HubSpot+Zooom integration settings is the zoom user with the webinar seat 
0 Upvotes
HBall

SOLVE

Thank you, I will check those things! Fingers crossed 😊

Matt1234

SOLVE

We were able to get it to work using a different property.  It looks like HubSpot may have recently changed the naming conventions with the new built-in Zoom integration functionality they built.  The property that we used was 'Last Registered Zoom Webinar'. 

The source code has also slightly changed to {{ contact.zoom_webinar_joinlink }} with the addition of 'zoom' before 'webinar'.  With this new token, you don't need to update the code after you insert it. 

0 Upvotes
ckennedy
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks @LROADY ! You are MY HERO. It took a few trials to get the correct webinar ID populated but the confirmation emails are working.  

Thank you for saving me hours of work!Thank you for saving me hours of work!

We have a similar setup as you -- Hubspot landing page and form, but Zoom sends the confirmation email with dial-in info. We also send a confirmation email from Hubspot to inform the customer that their form was filled in successfully and to watch for meeting info. Post-webinar follow up emails also sent via Hubspot.

LROADY
Contributor

SOLVE

Happy to pay it forward! I spent literal DAYS trying to iron out this process. Documention from hubspot/on the Internet is horrendous, outdated, not helpful....

This integration out of the box is not super impressive. 

Happy webinaring!

lpick

SOLVE

I'm having the same problem!  It sounds like you may be using the same how-to article as I am (https://www.digett.com/insights/tutorial-complete-guide-integrating-zoom-webinar-hubspot)? I think the place where I'm getting stuck is:

You’ll need to run through a test of the workflow in order for the Webhook to trigger and enable you to create the custom join link for the next step. In Hubspot, click on Test in the top right corner and select a Hubspot user to run your test with (likely yourself) and click “Enroll test contact.”

Run your test and ensure you receive the registration email in your inbox. Head over to Zoom to ensure your test user was registered: In Zoom, go to your webinar, scroll down to the “Manage Attendees” section, and click “View.”

My test of the workflow seemed to work inside HubSopt and I received the registration email, but my name isn't showing up in the Zoom list of attendees so it is still showing 0 registrants. 

Anybody have any ideas?

LROADY
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi There, i'm in the same boat right now. Did either of you find a process that works? I have a webinar on the calendar and i need to figure out how this works by the end of the week. Did you happen to find any step by step guides that worked? Or write your own by chance?

0 Upvotes
lpick
Solution

SOLVE

I did figure it out!  That blog article is out of date with the Workflow set up.  The second step in the Workflow shown in the article is incorrect.  Instead of setting up a webhook, there is now a more automatic way: + > Choose an action pop-out > Integrations > Add Contact to Zoom webinar.  You do have to add the hyphens in the webinar ID for this one as well.

LROADY
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks so much for replying!

Did the instructions regarding adding the Webinar Join link work for you? That part isnt working for me. 

0 Upvotes
LROADY
Contributor

SOLVE

Nevermind, i see this is just semantics - the labels are just different.

Boy, what a pain!

0 Upvotes
Jpbsalibe
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi! I'm having the same problem, can you tell me how you fixed it? because I can't find the zoom semantic to compare with the hubspot one. 

Cheers!

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @Jpbsalibe 

Could you please provide more information about the issue you are having? The more information you can share the better the community can assist you.

Thank you

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Jpbsalibe
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi! Here's a screenshot of the error. The thing is, I have all those properties in my contact, but it seems like zoom is no recognizing them

Captura de Pantalla 2020-09-10 a la(s) 11.45.19.png

Cheers!

0 Upvotes