Problems with Zoom integration

SOLVE
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to schedule a webinar with Zoom and I'm struggling with something. Following the instructions, I managed to integrate both software flawlessly, as users can register to the webinar through Hubspot's landings pages and forms. No problem there.

However, I would like to send a confirmation email, as well as a reminder, set up an automation for that purpose. The problem is that the personalization token "Webinar confirmation link" doesn't show up in options. It was supposed to be there, accordingly to the instructions I'm following. Did anybody has the same problem? How did you solve that? Thanks in advance for your attention. Enjoy

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
New Contributor

I did figure it out!  That blog article is out of date with the Workflow set up.  The second step in the Workflow shown in the article is incorrect.  Instead of setting up a webhook, there is now a more automatic way: + > Choose an action pop-out > Integrations > Add Contact to Zoom webinar.  You do have to add the hyphens in the webinar ID for this one as well.

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
New Contributor

I'm having the same problem!  It sounds like you may be using the same how-to article as I am (https://www.digett.com/insights/tutorial-complete-guide-integrating-zoom-webinar-hubspot)? I think the place where I'm getting stuck is:

You’ll need to run through a test of the workflow in order for the Webhook to trigger and enable you to create the custom join link for the next step. In Hubspot, click on Test in the top right corner and select a Hubspot user to run your test with (likely yourself) and click “Enroll test contact.”

Run your test and ensure you receive the registration email in your inbox. Head over to Zoom to ensure your test user was registered: In Zoom, go to your webinar, scroll down to the “Manage Attendees” section, and click “View.”

My test of the workflow seemed to work inside HubSopt and I received the registration email, but my name isn't showing up in the Zoom list of attendees so it is still showing 0 registrants. 

Anybody have any ideas?

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi There, i'm in the same boat right now. Did either of you find a process that works? I have a webinar on the calendar and i need to figure out how this works by the end of the week. Did you happen to find any step by step guides that worked? Or write your own by chance?

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I did figure it out!  That blog article is out of date with the Workflow set up.  The second step in the Workflow shown in the article is incorrect.  Instead of setting up a webhook, there is now a more automatic way: + > Choose an action pop-out > Integrations > Add Contact to Zoom webinar.  You do have to add the hyphens in the webinar ID for this one as well.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Thanks so much for replying!

Did the instructions regarding adding the Webinar Join link work for you? That part isnt working for me. 

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Nevermind, i see this is just semantics - the labels are just different.

Boy, what a pain!

0 Upvotes
New Contributor
Spoiler
That works to connect Hubspot forms to Zoom, so you can manage registrations through the inbound tool. However, if you want to send a reminder email using Hubspot, you can't find the customization token in the email editor to post the seminar ID and link. I managed to solve this issue using Zoom's feature for confirmation and reminder emails. It's easy, anyway. I guess that nobody else had the same problem, am I right?
0 Upvotes