Marketing Integrations

Freccia

Problem with Mail Chimp integration

SOLVE

I'd like to know if is there a way to import the contacts that i have in hubspot directly to mail chimp...than i'd like to know how can i create a non-hubspot form in the forms page...When i try to create a new one, it's never a non-hubspot form. How can i add it to the page forms? How can i use the folder in the forms page??? I created one but when i get inside i try to create a new form but the system create it out of the folder.

I read the guide for the non-hubspot forms and for the lead flows, but i didn't understad!
Can please somebody help me out?

Thank you,

Stefano
0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
trevordjones
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

As a matter of fact there is @Freccia!  Youl could use Zapier.com to build an integration between the two systems.  Just go to zapier and create an account. Then you should be able to "Build a Zap" that will create new MailChimp contacts when you create a new contact in HubSpot CRM.  Like this:

Zapier.png

- Trevor
If my post solves your problem, please accept it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
trevordjones

SOLVE

Hello @Freccia,

You've got a lot of quesitons here!  Let me see if I can point you in the right direction.

If you're using Marketing Free with Mail Chimp, clicking on Settings>Marketing>Email Service Provider will allow you to connect your HubSpot Marketing Free account to Mail Chimp, and contacts will be automatically synced between the two platforms.  You shouldn't need to do an import/export operation.

I'm not sure why you want to create a "non-hubspot form," unless you just mean that you want to be able to place the form on a non-hubspot hosted page.   To do this, after you have clicked "publish" you'll see a popup saying "your form was published.  Click on "Embed Code" and copy the javascript in the box on the screen.  That Javascript can be copied onto your website on whatever page you like, as long as your hosting provider allows Javascript.  Once you save and publish your page, the form should be visible on your non-hubspot site.

To move a form into a folder, click Actions>Move and select the folder you want to move the form to in the dropdown. 

Hope this helps!  If so, please mark it as a solution.

Thanks!

Trevor

- Trevor

Freccia

SOLVE
0 Upvotes
trevordjones

SOLVE

I see - OK.  New contacts added to Hubspot should automatically be added to Mail Chimp.  However your existing contacts may need to be exported from HubSpot and imported into MailChimp to get you started.

To do that, Click on Contacts.  Check the select all box at the top of your contacts list, then click "Options" in the left sidebar and click "Export."  You'll then have a CSV of your contacts that you can import into MailChimp.  This screenshot may help:

Exporting contacts from marketing free.Exporting contacts from marketing free.

As far as forms go -  I gather you are creating a form in some other form builder on your website, and you would like to bring them into HubSpot?  If so, you can use collected forms.  Click on the lead capture drop down, then "Collected Forms", then click "Settings. " There should be a switch in the top right of your screen.  Make sure it is set to "ON".  When forms are filled out on your website, the form submissions should show up in the "Collected Forms" screen.

Hope this helps!

-Trevor

- Trevor

0 Upvotes
Freccia

SOLVE

@trevordjones Great!!!! i understood almost everything!!!!

i still have got a problem: the contacts that i'm adding on Hubspot CRM don't go automatically in Mail Chimp. Why? I can't understand why. Just to be clear i'm importing the contacts from my Gmail and not from a website. Can be this the problem?

Thank you very much!

Stefano

0 Upvotes
trevordjones

SOLVE

Ah - I see.  That's because the contacts you have added manually into the CRM have not opted-in to marketing emails from you (at least not as far as HubSpot knows).  The system is not designed to add recipients to the email database unless they have opted in to emails by filling out a form.

- Trevor

Freccia

SOLVE

@trevordjones ok!!!! got it!!! Is there a way to do this or the use of the form is required?

Thank you very much Trevor!

Stefano

0 Upvotes
trevordjones
Solution

SOLVE

As a matter of fact there is @Freccia!  Youl could use Zapier.com to build an integration between the two systems.  Just go to zapier and create an account. Then you should be able to "Build a Zap" that will create new MailChimp contacts when you create a new contact in HubSpot CRM.  Like this:

Zapier.png

- Trevor

0 Upvotes
Freccia

SOLVE

@trevordjones Thank you! 🙂

0 Upvotes
Freccia

SOLVE

Ok! 

Maybe i didn't explain myself very well. I already linked my hubspo account with mail chimp, the problem is that the 2 accounts are not synchronized, bc all the contacts that i have in hubspot don't go to mail chimp automatically. How can i do that???

For non-hubspot form you mead the form created outside hubspot right? So how can i add a non-hubspot form in the forms page? I also created a folder in that page, what can i do with that folder? I mean, i tried to get in the folder, i tried to create a new form, but always the form it's not created inside the folder but it come created in the general page.

I hope somebody could understad what i'm looking for...Thank you so much.

Stefano

0 Upvotes