Problem of synchronization with salesforce

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi,

We have a problem with our hubspot account that is synchronized with salesforce.
When a visitor already identified in salesforce via a Hubspot form fill out a new form, this does not appear in salesforce. 

Normally, new information about this visitor should appear in Salesforce and his existing salesforce profile should be updated but it is not the case.

Please help us please because we have to enter the information manually for now, which is really time consuming.

Thanks and have a great day 

0 Upvotes
9 Replies
Advisor

Hi, @Hugo. In-app, do you have the Form submitted activity checked off? 

https://app.hubspot.com/integrations/[YOUR_PORTAL_ID]/salesforce/task-sync/

If that's checked off, but you're not seeing form activiites in Salesforce, ensure that any contacts are syncing normally, and do not have any kind of sync error. 

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Form activities in Salesforce works well when a visitor fill a form for the first time and  new contacts are syncing normally.

The problem appears when a visitor fill a 2nd form : the form activities of this user is not updated.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
Advisor

Submitting the same form twice won't update the initial task; it will write a second task to the same Salesforce lead or contact the HubSpot contact is syncing to. For the use case you describe, you should see two tasks with identical data (but possibly different form submission details) on the lead or contact.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Exact, as you just said I "should see two tasks with identical data (but possibly different form submission details) on the lead or contact" but I don't. 

The second form data just does not appear in the Salesforce's contact.

0 Upvotes
Advisor

If the contact in HubSpot has a sync error since the second task should've synced, that would explain what you're seeing. 

If there's not a sync error, and no one has changed any of the task sync settings, I recommend reaching out to HubSpot Support, with links to the impacted records, both in HubSpot and Salesforce. 

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Capture d’écran 2017-10-12 à 14.56.00.png

This this the same for every contact who fill a form for the second time OR fill an other form : the new data is simply not updated in its Salesforce profile

Do we manage this problem in "Salesforce parameters part" with settings in this present attachment ?

Thanks in advance 

0 Upvotes
Advisor

That setting doesn't apply to the use case you're speaking about. What you're describing is behavior which is different than what's expected. Support will be able to better investigate why this happening now. 

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

How do I contact support ?

0 Upvotes
Advisor

If you're a paying customer or on a free trial, you should see a Help button in the bottom right corner of the page in-app. Click that and follow the prompts to file a web case, or use the phone number listed there to contact the main support line. If this is a timely issue, I recommend calling for the most prompt response.

0 Upvotes