Marketing Integrations

mmartelli0803
Participant

Passing Campaign Info from Facebook using Hubspot Form into Salesforce CRM

SOLVE

We moved all of our web forms to Hubspot forms and push them through a Zap into our CRM. The challenge is how to uniquely track our Facebook adds with a unique value. We may have several hundred ads at any given time. What is the best practice for tracking and passing a value to our CRM?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @mmartelli0803!

Unfortunately, HubSpot does not store the FB ad name, nor are you able to workflow off of it. However, you can see it on a record's timeline and pull lists on this. 

New List > Ads Interaction > Facebook Ad Name contains any of XYZ. 

I've never used HubSpot forms for Facebook leads. However, I do know you can use Zapier to bring over the ad name from Facebook Lead Ads into HubSpot. You can also bring in Platform (Facebook vs Instagram) which is huge for price attribution. 

You could go the annoying route and duplicate the HubSpot forms to include the name of the ad as a hidden field or in the title, and have each ad direct to that landing page/form.... However, this doesn't seem reasonable for several hundred ads... I am just mentioning in case this sparks another idea or you can combine many ad objectives/subjects/etc. into a few. 

Can you look at a form submission you have gotten? Check the lead's property: Original Lead Source Drill-Down 2. Does the Facebook campaign name show up? If so, this would help identify the campaign, but not the ad name. 

I am curious why you switched to the HubSpot forms over using the Lead Ad integration? We found we get many more leads using the Facebook forms because they autofill a lot of information. Have you seen any differences? 

I am sorry I could not have been more help!

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @mmartelli0803!

Unfortunately, HubSpot does not store the FB ad name, nor are you able to workflow off of it. However, you can see it on a record's timeline and pull lists on this. 

New List > Ads Interaction > Facebook Ad Name contains any of XYZ. 

I've never used HubSpot forms for Facebook leads. However, I do know you can use Zapier to bring over the ad name from Facebook Lead Ads into HubSpot. You can also bring in Platform (Facebook vs Instagram) which is huge for price attribution. 

You could go the annoying route and duplicate the HubSpot forms to include the name of the ad as a hidden field or in the title, and have each ad direct to that landing page/form.... However, this doesn't seem reasonable for several hundred ads... I am just mentioning in case this sparks another idea or you can combine many ad objectives/subjects/etc. into a few. 

Can you look at a form submission you have gotten? Check the lead's property: Original Lead Source Drill-Down 2. Does the Facebook campaign name show up? If so, this would help identify the campaign, but not the ad name. 

I am curious why you switched to the HubSpot forms over using the Lead Ad integration? We found we get many more leads using the Facebook forms because they autofill a lot of information. Have you seen any differences? 

I am sorry I could not have been more help!

Best,
Stefani Johnson
mmartelli0803
Participant

SOLVE

This is great info Stefani! Right now I've set up an Active List to Ads Interaction > Facebook Ad Name contains any utm_source=Facebook. I think this will work for now. We have not tried Facebook Lead Ad integration using their forms. Do you have any literature or links on using this method?

Thank you so much!!

0 Upvotes
StefaniUAT
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @mmartelli0803,

I am sorry, I must have missed the notification on your comment. I have a few helpful articles below. 🙂

https://www.hubspot.com/facebook-marketing/facebook-lead-ads

https://blog.hootsuite.com/how-to-use-facebook-lead-ads/

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/ads/lead-ads-field-mappings-to-hubspot

https://www.hubspot.com/product-updates/facebook-lead-ads-hubspot

Thank you @jennysowyrda for tagging me! 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @StefaniUAT thank you for all of your assistance on this question! Wanted to follow up to see if you had any additional resources or suggestions for @mmartelli0803 🙂 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @mmartelli0803 ,

Thank you for sharing your query in the Community.

I wanted to tag in a few Community contributors here: @piersg and @StefaniUAT , could you share your advice for @mmartelli0803 ?

0 Upvotes