Marketing Integrations

Jcollomb

Pass hubspot contact properties to intercom

Hi, on my website, I'm looking to have an intercom bot pop when he recognizes a hubspot lead on my website, and address him with variables from Hubspot.

Basic example: John has submitted a HS form on my website on monday, filling firstname and companyname fields. On tuesday, he's back on my website, I want the Intercom bot to pop and tell him : Hey {firstname}, how can we help {companyname} today?

Any way I can do this?
Thanks!

PS1: I know Intercom has a Hubspot app on their store, with an option that says allow Intercom to access Hubspot cookie, but not sure it helps.

PS2: I can probably do this using a Hubspot native chatbot but I must use Intercom for that.
0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Pass hubspot contact properties to intercom

hey @Jcollomb ,

I have never used Intercom before so I am flying blind here 🙂

Reading the documentation, this is what I found about giving access to the cookie

By giving Intercom permission to access the HubSpot tracking cookie, you can enrich customers in HubSpot with Intercom as a conversion point.

According to this article, it appears that personalization comes out of the box. 

Hope some of this helps.  I am also going to move this conversation to a board where I think you will get more traction!

0 Upvotes