Pardot Data Import Best Practice Question

SOLVE
Occasional Contributor

Hi

I have installed the Salesforce connector, and my Salesforce data has synced across. Lots of lovely contacts are now sitting in Hubspot.

However, I also have much more data about these contacts currently sitting in Pardot.

I have been able to export this to a csv file. I understand about the import process, and have the necessary excel skills to ensure my data will load happily.

My question is this:

In Pardot, I have a field called Source Campaign, which identifies the prospect's first contact with us. I would like to retain this information as we move to Hubspot. Into which Hubspot property do you recommend I load this information? Should I use the Original Source property? If so, this doesn't seem to offer me a list of campaigns - only "Other Campaigns". Can I affect this list in some way? Or is there somewhere else you would recommend I put this information?

I will happily set up matching campaigns in Hubspot, but I am not sure that the Hubspot campaign concept is the same as the Pardot campaign concept...

Your genius advice will be appreciated.

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Occasional Contributor

Answering my own question here... the answer, of course, was to create a custom property into which I could load my historical data. I can then use Workflow to increase scores and make other changes based on the values in this custom fields.

2 Replies 2
Occasional Contributor

Answering my own question here... the answer, of course, was to create a custom property into which I could load my historical data. I can then use Workflow to increase scores and make other changes based on the values in this custom fields.

HubSpot Employee

Absolutely right! A custom property would be best here. The Original Source property is a defualt property and the values are added by the system which is why you wouldn't have seen that show as an option. 

0 Upvotes