Marketing Integrations

Askarovoren
Participant

Original Source

Résolue

Hello Community,

I have a few leads with Original Source = Other Campaigns, eventhough they where generated from a LinkedIn campaign, (see attached print screen).

Does anyone knows why HubSpot determins this Original Source and not "Paid Social"  for example?

Original Source.JPG

Thank you

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
karstenkoehler
Solution
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions

Original Source

Résolue

Hi @Askarovoren,

You can find the cateogrization rules here: How traffic is categorized into each source

How exactly were these contacts created? Did you create your own tracking URL, did you use the HubSpot tracking URL builder? Were these ads created and run from HubSpot or in the LinkedIn campaign manager?

From a first glance, it looks like this was not categorized correctly because your link didn't follow these "rules":

The "utm_medium" parameter contains "paid," "ppc," or "cpc", and the "utm_source" parameter is exactly the name of a recognized social network.

OR

The "utm_medium" parameter contains "paid," "ppc," or "cpc", and the referring domain is a social media site.

OR

The "utm_source" or "utm_medium" contains "paidsocial"

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

4 Réponses
webdew
Guide | Partenaire solutions Diamond
Guide | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Original Source

Résolue

Hi @Askarovoren ,

Well! Hmm it would be hard to narrow down an example record without reviewing your email. 

Generally, this could be an issue with the linkedin campaign itself. 

When you view the campaign in HubSpot, are the contacts being attributed to ut?

if not, then it might be causing this error. 

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

karstenkoehler
Solution

Original Source

Résolue

Hi @Askarovoren,

You can find the cateogrization rules here: How traffic is categorized into each source

How exactly were these contacts created? Did you create your own tracking URL, did you use the HubSpot tracking URL builder? Were these ads created and run from HubSpot or in the LinkedIn campaign manager?

From a first glance, it looks like this was not categorized correctly because your link didn't follow these "rules":

The "utm_medium" parameter contains "paid," "ppc," or "cpc", and the "utm_source" parameter is exactly the name of a recognized social network.

OR

The "utm_medium" parameter contains "paid," "ppc," or "cpc", and the referring domain is a social media site.

OR

The "utm_source" or "utm_medium" contains "paidsocial"

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Askarovoren
Participant

Original Source

Résolue

Hello Karsten,

Thank you very much for the detailed answer.

I'll take a look into these guidelines.

Oren

karstenkoehler

Original Source

Résolue

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions, @Askarovoren! If you consider this thread closed, you can help others find this information by marking my post as a solution. Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler

0 Votes