Marketing Integrations

GRAC
Participant

Online course platform plug-in

SOLVE

Is the platform that is used to deliver the HubSpot Academy available as a resourse to use? Is it a plug-in or a template that you can add on to your existing account?

Eg, could I create content for a course related to my business, and have an 'academy' on my company's website with videos, multiple choice questions, and a completion certificate?

If not, does HubSpot support intergration with an existing online course platform?

Thank you

2 Accepted solutions
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Q: Is the platform that is used to deliver the HubSpot Academy available as a resourse to use? Is it a plug-in or a template that you can add on to your existing account??

Short A: EXCELLENT question @GRAC

Longer A:

Can't speak for the Hubpot Academy development team, but the HubSpot Academy looks pretty custom developed. Seriously doubt that functionality is availble within the HubSpot templating ecosystem.

Isaac Moche is the Senior Program Manager for HubSpot's Education Partner Program and Sarah Phillips is the Program Manager for the HubSpot Certified Trainer Program. Maybe one of their dev team members will chime in here with some secret HubSpot kung fu. Any ideas - @roisinkirby@jennysowyrda ?

INBOUND 2018 UPDATE

That being said, HubSpot will announce HubSpot Video at Inbound 2018. That functionality, while designed for marketing messages, will go a long way to distribute educational content from within HubSpot as well.

- see INBOUND 2018: A Preview of HubSpot Product Announcements

>>Regarding "... does HubSpot support integration with an existing online course platform?"

Typically, HubSpot works with integration partners as part of something called the HubSpot Connect program. We are unaware of any online course delivery platforms that currently integrate with HubSpot directly.

That being said, our friends at Zapier has sweet triggers for Teachable, a leading online course delivery platform. Using Zapier, you can trigger behavior in HubSpot based on events in Teachable -- e.g., New Sale, New User, New Enrollment, and Lecture Completed, just to name a few.
(see image)

zapier-triggers-teachable-gif.gif

Teachable has more than 20,000 active courses, over 3 million students, and over than 7,000 instructors online. The site isn't as popular as the niche leader Udemy, but they also don't keep 50% of your course earnings like Udemy does either, so ... certainly worth a look.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

Julien
Solution
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hey @GRAC,

The Learning Center was all built in-house by one of our product teams here at HubSpot. 

I don't know of any integrations that we have with other LMS systems. 

I'd suggest upvoting the idea here and providing some context if possible!

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Offer-Hubspot-LMS-as-product/idi-p/193168

Let me know if you have any other questions on this.

Best,

Julien

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
remingtonbegg
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

We actually built a HubSpot Theme and Module that allows for a majority of that functionality.

• Unlimited Course Creation
  • Ability to Create Course Quizes
  • Stripe Payment Button
  • Lesson based permissions (based on list membership)

You can see the details here https://www.hublms.io/

GRAC
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for the info, I'll take a look.

0 Upvotes
Julien
Solution
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hey @GRAC,

The Learning Center was all built in-house by one of our product teams here at HubSpot. 

I don't know of any integrations that we have with other LMS systems. 

I'd suggest upvoting the idea here and providing some context if possible!

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Offer-Hubspot-LMS-as-product/idi-p/193168

Let me know if you have any other questions on this.

Best,

Julien

MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Q: Is the platform that is used to deliver the HubSpot Academy available as a resourse to use? Is it a plug-in or a template that you can add on to your existing account??

Short A: EXCELLENT question @GRAC

Longer A:

Can't speak for the Hubpot Academy development team, but the HubSpot Academy looks pretty custom developed. Seriously doubt that functionality is availble within the HubSpot templating ecosystem.

Isaac Moche is the Senior Program Manager for HubSpot's Education Partner Program and Sarah Phillips is the Program Manager for the HubSpot Certified Trainer Program. Maybe one of their dev team members will chime in here with some secret HubSpot kung fu. Any ideas - @roisinkirby@jennysowyrda ?

INBOUND 2018 UPDATE

That being said, HubSpot will announce HubSpot Video at Inbound 2018. That functionality, while designed for marketing messages, will go a long way to distribute educational content from within HubSpot as well.

- see INBOUND 2018: A Preview of HubSpot Product Announcements

>>Regarding "... does HubSpot support integration with an existing online course platform?"

Typically, HubSpot works with integration partners as part of something called the HubSpot Connect program. We are unaware of any online course delivery platforms that currently integrate with HubSpot directly.

That being said, our friends at Zapier has sweet triggers for Teachable, a leading online course delivery platform. Using Zapier, you can trigger behavior in HubSpot based on events in Teachable -- e.g., New Sale, New User, New Enrollment, and Lecture Completed, just to name a few.
(see image)

zapier-triggers-teachable-gif.gif

Teachable has more than 20,000 active courses, over 3 million students, and over than 7,000 instructors online. The site isn't as popular as the niche leader Udemy, but they also don't keep 50% of your course earnings like Udemy does either, so ... certainly worth a look.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com