Okay to manage HS Code solely in GTM?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi everyone! My team is in the process of migrating our site to a new CMS. We’re wondering how best to integrate the HS tracking code.

Currently, the HS code is embedded directly on all of our pages. However, this is a great opportunity to start using Google Tag Manager as we work to get our new site up and running. Any recommendations regarding how to correctly configure the HubSpot tracking code in GTM? Would I use the "Custom HTML" option in the Tag section?  If the HS code is managed through GTM, will the HS cookie policy pop-up and functionality still work? If yes, can GTM be configured to not apply any cookies to people who select “Decline”? 

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Highlighted
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @lesliebartels,

Thank you for your post. That is exactly how you would implement our tracking code with GTM. We even have an article outlining the steps to follow here. From a functionality perspective everything will continue to work as normal regardless of using GTM.

I hope this helps,

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Solutions Engineer @ HubSpot
Add me on LinkedIn
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Cool. Thanks, @jackcoldrick !

If I wanted to configure GTM to trigger all other tags after a user has accepted the HubSpot cookie policy, would the following approach do the job? https://www.leadstreet.be/en/blog/hubspot-cookies-tutorial-google-tag-manager

0 Upvotes