Marketing Integrations

SYala
Participant

Multiple lifecycles and Salesforce Integration

Hi,
We have 3 business units and we are thinking to create 3 custom lifecycle fields to manage their stages separately.
Once one BU has reached MQL stage, this should go to the inclusion list and create a Salesforce lead.
What is the behaviour if a second BU becomes MQL? We would like that a second lead is created in Salesforce, regarding this BU.
Is there a way to setup a such configuration?
Many thanks

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
SYala
Participant

Hi,

we will certainly uste a multi picklist field in Hubspot to define the BU in the Hubspot Contact. In Salesforce we can create many leads with the same email, but just one contact per email.

0 Upvotes
Drishtii_
Participant

Hi @SYala -- Chiming in here because I've been wanting to edit or create new lifecycle stages for years now!

Although I do not have separate BUs, I do have different use cases. For example, I would want to create an additional lifecycle stage called "Sales accepted lead" between MQL and SQL. Additionally, I would want another stage called "Product qualified lead" adjacent to the MQL stage. This is because we qualify leads through different intent triggers -- one through our inbound marketing and the other through product interactions. 

The way I have worked around this is by creating custom properties and using workflows to get them functioning in tandem. I have set up certain filters and custom triggers to mark my contacts as SALs and/or PQLs. When a contact has SAL value = Yes, then it gets added to a different list. Similarly, with PQLs. The limitation here is that the Lifecycle stage property on Hubspot for both of there would read Marketing qualified lead. 

You could try something similar maybe? Create custom properties for each of your BUs and change them based on your specific conditions using workflows. You could then use the same workflow to add them to your inclusion list or simply edit the active filters on your inclusion list to say BU 1 property = YES AND Lifecycle stage = MQL. 

Hope this helps!

0 Upvotes
SYala
Participant

Hi @Drishtii_ 

Thank you for your answer. This is ok for managing multiple lifecycle in Hubspot, but do not resolves the fact that if you have one lead created in salesforce, for one BU, you cannot have a second one created in salesforce for another BU, regarding the same hubspot contact.

Cheers

0 Upvotes
Drishtii_
Participant

I believe that should be possible. 

How are you mapping those BU names currently into Hubspot? And it might also be a good idea to check the way your Duplicate rules are set up on Salesforce. Most of the time you won't be able to create two leads with the same email because of the Duplicate rules. 

Also, hoping other experts tagged could chime in here and help. Curious to see how this could be worked out for you 🙂

0 Upvotes
SYala
Participant

Hi Pam,

thank you for your answer.

Still waiting for expert advices!... 🙂

Cheers

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hell @SYala, Happy Friday, I want to add some top experts to share their thoughts, @lynton@trevordjones@Aakar  what would you recommend to @SYala  matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes