Marketing Integrations

BAusten

Merge duplicate companies with Salesforce installed

SOLVE

I have inherited a HS instance that has many duplicate companies, likely done through uploading a bought data list without a domain field.

This is causing a nightmare with HS Inisghts populating contact record information and genral reporting. I cannot merge duplicates with the SF app installed - what are my options?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @BAusten,

Options are unfortunately very limited. If you reach out to HubSpot support, they can share a guidance document with you (I don't think this is public or an official document so I can't share it here). This is a five page document which goes through multiple options both for managing duplicates in HubSpot but also Salesforce.

For HubSpot duplicates, all options involve manually deleting the duplicate record after moving all information (property values) and associated contacts to the main company. Depending on whether this record has synced to Salesforce or not, the next steps then differ.

In any case, HubSpot recommends to not turn off the ingration to merge company duplicates.

If you're not successful with HubSpot support, feel free to send me a direct message.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
LaurenRyan
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

We will review tricky duplicate issues like this in our upcoming training session on duplicates in the HubSpot Salesforce integration. Register here!

PS - If you register in advance, we'll email you the recording after if you can't make it.

0 Upvotes
DYip-Chuck
Participant

SOLVE

I have this same issue. Very problematic in our instance and the problems snowball over time. 

We have a lot of duplicate accounts / companies in SFDC and HubSpot. Since the SFDC sync is on, we cannot use HubSpot's native company dupe merging features. So, we're forced to try to merge dupes in SFDC. We use a tool InCycle to do this. But, what we expect to happen in HubSpot after merging the two Accounts doesn't happen. 

Our expectation and hope after merging two Accounts in SF is that the two synced HubSpot Companies would merge together, respecting the master Account chosen in SF. All of the contacts from the old dupe Company would move to the new master Company. 

But, this doesn't happen. It looks like nothing happens. Both companies remain in tact, and the contact's don't move anywhere. 

Is the best course of action to manually go through each contact on the dupe Company and 1 by 1 change their primary company to the one syncing to the Master Account in SF? And then once they're all moved to delete the dupe Company? If so, this is far from scalable. We have hundreds of dupes. And the one I am currently working on has 70 contacts sitting on the dupe company. 

Is there some way to at least mass assigned all 70 of these contacts to the master company in 1 quick motion? 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @BAusten,

Options are unfortunately very limited. If you reach out to HubSpot support, they can share a guidance document with you (I don't think this is public or an official document so I can't share it here). This is a five page document which goes through multiple options both for managing duplicates in HubSpot but also Salesforce.

For HubSpot duplicates, all options involve manually deleting the duplicate record after moving all information (property values) and associated contacts to the main company. Depending on whether this record has synced to Salesforce or not, the next steps then differ.

In any case, HubSpot recommends to not turn off the ingration to merge company duplicates.

If you're not successful with HubSpot support, feel free to send me a direct message.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
BAusten

SOLVE

Thank you, i will speak to support and come back to you. It is suprising that there isnt a solution to this!