Marketing Integrations

SAdlerDoControl

Mapping a Time or Duration field into Hubspot

SOLVE

We are using the BrightTalk integration, and they have a few Viewing Duration fields, and these fields are sent into Hubspot in this time format: 0:31:05

So far the only solution I've seen to getting these values into Hubspot, is to use a Text field. However, this means that I cannot sort on this field, and I can not use it for lead scoring (e.g., anyone who has viewed more than 5 minutes gets 15 points, anyone viewing more than 30 minutes gets 30 points, etc.

With the text field type, I am relegated to saying things in the filter like: if Viewing Duration contains: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9

Not ideal... is there any way around this so that I can use the field as a number?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SAdlerDoControl,

HubSpot does not have a field type for time / duration. It has been requested by other users before but is currently not planned by the product team: Add "Time" field type for custom property

"We're not working on this idea actively today. However, this is a awesome idea and we will definitely consider it for the future. But please keep the input coming because we're reading every comment on this thread."

As far as workarounds go, the approach is to reformat the BrightTALK format into a numeric format so that you can better filter it, minutes make most sense here, I think. This translation could be done with Operations Hub Professional (either custom code or a Format data workflow action). If Operations Hub is not an option, I would approach this by exporting contact data to Zapier and potentially Google Sheets, transform the data there and send it back to HubSpot.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SAdlerDoControl,

HubSpot does not have a field type for time / duration. It has been requested by other users before but is currently not planned by the product team: Add "Time" field type for custom property

"We're not working on this idea actively today. However, this is a awesome idea and we will definitely consider it for the future. But please keep the input coming because we're reading every comment on this thread."

As far as workarounds go, the approach is to reformat the BrightTALK format into a numeric format so that you can better filter it, minutes make most sense here, I think. This translation could be done with Operations Hub Professional (either custom code or a Format data workflow action). If Operations Hub is not an option, I would approach this by exporting contact data to Zapier and potentially Google Sheets, transform the data there and send it back to HubSpot.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.