⚙ Operations Hub

ariz

Mailerlite <> Hubspot sync not working

Hello, I added the mailerlite data sync app as integration for the two-way sync between Mailerlite and Hubspot.

I chose to sync all Hubspot contacts to a specific, already created group in mailerlite (see first image) with all the standard field relations (see second image). Unfortunately after a few hours, still nothing has been synchronized (we have 100 contacts). Does anyone maybe know if I forgot to do something or why this might not be working?

Thanks!

img1.png

img2.png

0 Upvotes
11 Replies 11
Lesleychang
Contributor

I'm having the exact same problem! Was a solution ever found @ariz  @MiaSrebrnjak?

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Lesleychang

An update if you're still experiencing the sync issue: @ariz was able to sync several contacts over to Mailerlite after Mailerlite support performed a couple of API changes on their end.

Additionally, please check if all of your HubSpot contacts have the "Name" and "Last Name" properties filled out. We've noticed several cases where the sync would fail if the contact's last name or name were missing. Mailerlite made those fields required because they're used for email personalization. 

Regarding Mailerlite Data Sync not segmenting contacts into groups after they're synced from HubSpot to Mailerlite - this is expected behavior. Data Sync doesn't have the ability to sync contacts to a specific folder or group in Mailerlite - the Groups filter rule you can chose during the sync setup only applies to the sync from Mailerlite to HubSpot and not vice versa: Data Sync will only sync subscribers from the specified Mailerlite Group to HubSpot, but it won't sync HubSpot contacts to that Group in Mailerlite - the synced contacts will appear in the default subscribers list. 

I hope this helps!

Mia

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

Lesleychang
Contributor

Sorry if this is confusing the matter, but I have another thread over here that outlines what's happening. 

So, if I'm reading your response correctly, the Mailerlite Data Sync cannot perform two-way syncs from groups in MailerLite to Lists in HubSpot, despite the interface allowing me to choose these options?

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Lesleychang,

I apologize for the late reply! Thank you for the link to the question you posted in our Ops Hub, I've seen you were able to get confirmation about the syncing rules from our data sync experts. 

I'll go ahead and move this thread to the Ops Hub! 

Cheers

Mia, Community Team

Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Lesleychang

I'm still looking into this, apologies for the delay @ariz!

I'll post all updates here for future referal.

ariz

Hello @MiaSrebrnjak - thanks for your answer.

In the meantime I asked the Mailerlite support to change the API key, so I can re-try. This seemed to help a little, as it did syncronize a few contacts, but it ignored my setting for the groups (see first attachment) and it did not sync all contacts. Do you have any more suggestions for me? Or do you have access to some sort of log, where we could figure out more?

Thanks!

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ariz,

there isn't a sync log you can check on your end at this time, but I can have a look at the information available on our end! 

Could you send me the following information in a direct message?

• Link to the Data Sync integration in your HubSpot account 
  • Link to a contact record in HubSpot that was successfully synced and a screenshot of the contact in Mailerlite
  • Link to a contact record that you expected to sync, but didn't 
  • Screenshot of your Group setup in Mailerlite
  • Can you also share what changes the Mailerlite Support did to the API key?

Thank you! 

Mia 

ariz

Thank you @MiaSrebrnjak - I just send you a private message!

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@ariz 

Are you still having issues with this?  @Josh , ever work with this integration?

ariz

Yes, there is still nothing synced yet unfortunately!

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ariz,

Wanted to chime in here - this is a fairly recent data sync option, so the documentation available on our end might not cover all use cases yet - but we'll do our best to get to the bottom of this! Because no contacts have been synced yet, I'm wondering if this could be an authentication problem on MailerLite's side. Is the email address of the connected user in MailerLite associated with your HubSpot account? If not, it would be great if you could add that email as a user in your HubSpot account (with Super Admin permissions), remove the integration (Settings > Integrations > Connected Apps > More > Uninstall), delete cache and cookies and then initiate the data sync again with the new user.

I hope this will help! 

Mia