Marketing Integrations

ShoutBat
Participant

Mailchimp - push contacts to mailchimp via hubspot form missing

SOLVE

Hi

I've just set up the Mailchimp integration and am attempting to follow the instructions here:  https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/connect-pop-up-forms-and-non-hubspot-forms-to-mailchimp

However, the option to 'push new contacts to MailChimp is not showing on my embedded form used for a download landing page.  Contacted sales rep as on free plan and told to clear cache etc. no luck and pointed in this direction.  

I've researched and found a similar article (https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Marketing-Integrations/Sending-form-signups-to-MailChimp/m-p/351057...) which seems to indicate that I have to use a 3rd  party integrator like zapier, which just seems mad and was from 3 years ago.

Any news on fixes or ideas why this is not working?  I've committed several hours to get the landing page sorted out and I really don't want to waste them re-creating in mailchimp.  Thanks all. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
trevordjones
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

If you are using the free version I reccommend using Zapier for this.  Free for up to 5 processes (called Zaps) and 100 tasks per month.  I would create these processes (Zaps)

1. When a new record is created in HubSpot, create it in Mailchimp.
  2. When a contact opts out in HubSpot, opt them out in Mailchimp.

Hope this is helpful!

- Trevor
If my post solves your problem, please accept it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
franksteiner79
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @ShoutBat 

The article you mentioned states "You can connect your HubSpot account with MailChimp to add contacts who submit pop-up forms and non-HubSpot forms to your Mailchimp lists.", meaning embedded forms simply aren't part of this integration.

Doing this via Zapier seems your best option.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project
0 Upvotes
ShoutBat
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Frank,

Yea, I understand this now - I don't get why it isn't though.  Similarly do you know of a feature request or support ticket to get this upvoted for fixing?

0 Upvotes
trevordjones
Solution

SOLVE

If you are using the free version I reccommend using Zapier for this.  Free for up to 5 processes (called Zaps) and 100 tasks per month.  I would create these processes (Zaps)

1. When a new record is created in HubSpot, create it in Mailchimp.
  2. When a contact opts out in HubSpot, opt them out in Mailchimp.

Hope this is helpful!

- Trevor

ShoutBat
Participant

SOLVE

Hey Trevor,  

Thanks for responding to me. 

Yea, I've been doing some more research on this as well and tend to agree that seems to be the only way for me to go with this.

Still seems a bit odd that there's an integration dedicated to this but it only works for 'pop-up' forms and not others like the embeds.  Do you know if there's a feature request or anything I can upvote to get this resolved?  

0 Upvotes
trevordjones

SOLVE

Hi Again @ShoutBat 

Yep - Try this:  https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/HubSpot-MailChimp-Integration-Push-HubSpot-Form-submi...

- Trevor