Marketing Integrations

HCaz

Mailchimp: How to integrate best with HubSpot so information - like lead status - is up to date.

SOLVE

Hi all,

In my previous role, I worked in Pardot/Salesforce. Pardot could build lists based off of Salesforce fields, like lead status. I'm now using Hubspot/Mailchimp. The only way I can figure out how to include lead status or persona in MailChimp is to Zapier that field over as a tag and build the list in MailChimp. Issue is, I have to have those Zaps pushing any time a contact changes in HubSpot to keep it up to date and it's running a decent bill on Zapier.

My goal is to be able to build lists based off of lead status and persona information in Hubspot to send emails using MailChimp.

It's unclear to me if I can actually build lists in Hubspot and those will actually sync in Mailchimp instead? I'm sure there are pros/cons to that too.

We do not have the funds for Hubspot's email platform at the moment, so that's not an option. 

Any recommendations??

Thanks!!!

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
OPerek-Clark
Solution
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

Mailchimp: How to integrate best with HubSpot so information - like lead status - is up to date.

SOLVE

Hi @HCaz,

Are you utilizing the Mailchimp Data Sync integration? It appears it's separate from the Mailchimp email integration.

I believe if you have Ops Hub Starter ($45/month), you can leverage the Mailchimp Data Sync integration to activate a 2-way sync of contact data in realtime, including any custom field mappings.

I recommend checking that app out to see if it meets your needs.

My other thought is creating lists in HubSpot as needed based on the necessary criteria and then exporting those contacts and importing into Mailchimp so you have them sorted together in a "list." Not the automated answer I'm sure you were hoping for but I can only assume that would solve for your use case.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

andrus
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

I think this may be the correct link for the Mailchimp data sync app

And if you're open to using 3rd party integrations I'd also like to do a quick plug for Outfunnel's Hubspot - Mailchimp integration. You could build a List in Hubspot that Outfunnel would sync dynamically over to Mailchimp, or you could sync over all contacts and have Outfunnel keep the lead status and persona field up-to-date so you could create the relevant segment in Mailchimp. 

Our integration also syncs email engagement back to HubSpot if that's relevant for you. 

Andrus Purde | Outfunnel - The easiest way to connect sales and marketing tools

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
andrus
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

I think this may be the correct link for the Mailchimp data sync app

And if you're open to using 3rd party integrations I'd also like to do a quick plug for Outfunnel's Hubspot - Mailchimp integration. You could build a List in Hubspot that Outfunnel would sync dynamically over to Mailchimp, or you could sync over all contacts and have Outfunnel keep the lead status and persona field up-to-date so you could create the relevant segment in Mailchimp. 

Our integration also syncs email engagement back to HubSpot if that's relevant for you. 

Andrus Purde | Outfunnel - The easiest way to connect sales and marketing tools
OPerek-Clark
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @HCaz,

Are you utilizing the Mailchimp Data Sync integration? It appears it's separate from the Mailchimp email integration.

I believe if you have Ops Hub Starter ($45/month), you can leverage the Mailchimp Data Sync integration to activate a 2-way sync of contact data in realtime, including any custom field mappings.

I recommend checking that app out to see if it meets your needs.

My other thought is creating lists in HubSpot as needed based on the necessary criteria and then exporting those contacts and importing into Mailchimp so you have them sorted together in a "list." Not the automated answer I'm sure you were hoping for but I can only assume that would solve for your use case.

I hope this helps!

HCaz

SOLVE

Hi @OPerek-Clark ,

Thanks for the message! I'm unsure of the MailChimp Data Sync integration. When I click your link, unfortunately it says I can't open that page. Can you send a screenshot? We should have access to that and it seems like that may fix our problems.

Thanks for the thoughtful response!
Hayley

0 Upvotes