Marketing Integrations

EParzek
Contributor

Litmus email client list

Hello -- 

I am in the midst of a monster rebrand and in doing so, have to frequently preview the email templates our vendor is building, to verify that the clients they're testing against look right to me. They have their list of 22 clients they're striving to make the email work for - and I searched each one in HubSpots Preview mode, checked them and then ran my test. It took some time to get the list all set up and I ran the preview -- and was done. Today, I logged in and that list of 22 clients I had built is gone - it reverted back to the "8 most popular".  

I can't bear the thought of rebuilding the list of test clients EACH time I test a new email. Can you please tell me if you've ever seen a way to save that? My searches have turned up nothing!

Thank you.

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
EParzek
Contributor

Litmus email client list

jolle
Recognized Expert | Partner

Litmus email client list

Awesome! Just gave it an upvote!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature
EParzek
Contributor

Litmus email client list

Thank you Jacob. I'll write up an idea for this on the forum -- I didn't see one, which surprised me! 

Our developer built modules initially with the classic editor and I converted them to DnD templates because that's what our team will be using. There have been some issues - primarily with Outlook (shocker) and I definitely want to be sure that we're hitting the most common clients. We identified 22, mobile and desktop, to test towards so hopefully I don't have to build that list every time. I know in Litmus proper, it has an option to save the set of test clients so it shouldn't be THAT hard to give the same functionality to the build within HubSpot. 

Appreciate your thoughts! 

Eileen

jolle

Litmus email client list

Hey @EParzek, thanks for reaching out! This is a really good question.

I'm not seeing any documentation on saving email client filters or a clear way to do so within the email client tester. It looks like the 8 popular clients are selected by default for each email. I'm definitely interested in hearing some potential workarounds from other HubSpot Community members!

If nothing else, I strongly encourage you to share your thoughts and use case in the HubSpot Ideas Forum. If your idea gains enough traction, HubSpot will consider rolling out new functionality!

Lastly, are you using drag-and-drop emails or custom-coded ones created using Design Tools? I know that drag-and-drop emails tend to be pretty responsive across email clients. I know that quality control is really important, especially with the big rebrand, but keep in mind that different devices, browsers, inbox settings, and network settings can impact how emails display, whether or not images are loaded, etc. The rule of thumb here tends to be optimizing for the majority, so I just wanted to throw that out there in case it alleviates some of the pressure!

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature