Marketing Integrations

Dietkj13
Participant

Limiting Form Submissions for Event Registration

I'm building out a site for a client who runs a side business offering instructional job training courses for low income areas. Their budget is limited, so I'm trying to use the most of HubSpot's capabilities with the Starter tools. I'd gotten some great feedback from the community about the use of HubSpot Payments in lieu of Eventbrite (the client does not want to use that platform under any circumstances), and now I'm seeking another solution to another problem I've encountered.

The courses offered by my client have a limited number of seats. I've been trying to figure out (with no luck) if I can put a limit on the number of submissions that a form can accept (for example, capping registration at 10 submissions). 

It doesn't appear that I can do that through the Payments module, nor can I do that through the Forms tool. 

I've been planning to use the blog listing as the listing of classes in order to be able to use some of the filtering capabilities (to filter by location or class type). I've selected a free theme that is designed in order to build off of this idea (Apex by Fusion Alliance). 

Ideally, I'd love to be able to use a HubDB table, but there is zero chance the client has the budget to move up to CMS Hub Professional (they're not generating that much in profit to be able to afford that upgrade, and they're not able to pass on additional costs to their audience). Their total budget available to spend on their website is less than $1000 annually.

So, my questions:

• If I use HubSpot's forms, is there any way that I can put an automatic limit on the number of submissions to that form?
  • If not, is there another event registration integration that would be recommended (keeping in mind, it needs to work with HubSpot Payments; considering all the hoops the client had to jump through to get that set up, it'd be really bad to change to another platform at this point)?

Again, budget is really critical here, so any way that I can use what's available to me without spending additional money that doesn't exist is most important.

Any thoughts, suggestions, and feedback from the community would be most appreciated. I'm happy to offer any other info that might be helpful in identifying a workable solution.

3 Replies 3
danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

@Dietkj13 you aren't the only one looking for this feature, so don't feel alone! In fact in this ideas forum, the request is "in review." So maybe this is coming? 

In the meantime, I don't know of an automatic solution. But what if: 

• Could you build the landing page and manually expire it?
  • You could build a workflow that bumps you when the form submission hits a specific number, perhaps. 
  • Or you could build a list and when it gets to your ideal number (or maybe a couple less than the limit) and then have an alert in the workflow to bump you to expire the page.

Full transparency: In looking at solutions in HubSpot, I don't see that there's a workflow trigger that is "Form submissions is XX number" so I don't think that's the solution. But I know when I built a list for a course I helped create, I watched the submissions and knew when we were close to 100. When we get very close, I could have turned off the landing page at that point. But we weren't getting dozens an hour, so it was manageable. 

That's my 2 cents. Manual, unfortunately. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
Dietkj13
Participant

Appreciate the thoughts, Dan. I'd like to keep this open as it isn't really a solution as much as throwing in the towel on the problem. I'd love to hear if others have any creative solutions here. As it stands, if this is the case, then HubSpot isn't going to be the long-term solution that my client is going to want to move forward with.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Dietkj13,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community, and for this detailed post!

I would like to add our subject matter experts to this conversation to see if they have any ideas.

Hi @danmoyle@Jnix284@JackCoopersmith@Josh - Do you have any suggestions for @Dietkj13

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !