Marketing Integrations

Jonnydk
Top Contributor

Leads/Contacts/Accounts and Salesforce - What is the best way to manage opportunities and leads?

SOLVE

I have HubSpot fully integrated with Salesforce. When a prospect fills in specific forms I am using an inclusion list to sync the new lead to Salesforce. That's the easy part. What are HubSpotters doing in the case where a lead or contact already exists? 

1. In the case of a closed lead? Are you re-opening that lead and setting it to "New"?

2. In the case of a lead which is currently being worked on by sales but submits another form, what are you doing? Do you send an internal email to the lead owner? Do you add a task in Salesforce?

3. In the case of a contact which already exists in Salesforce, how are you notifying the sales team that the contact is interested in a product/service? Do you send an internal email and create a task? Do you somehow create a new opportunity in Salesforce for that contact/account, is that possible?

Any suggestions or tips are appreciated in the cases above. If I am not clear, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jonny

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Aakar
Solution
Key Advisor

Leads/Contacts/Accounts and Salesforce - What is the best way to manage opportunities and leads?

SOLVE

@Jonnydk We enrolled them again in the wf and redirect them to the respective sales owner with relevant form submissions. Form submission is the enrollment trigger. We use different wf for different types of form submissions.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Jonnydk
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@Aakar thanks! What is your enrollment trigger? Any form submission or do you create a wf per form submission or one wf with all the relevant form submissions?

0 Upvotes
Aakar
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@Jonnydk We enrolled them again in the wf and redirect them to the respective sales owner with relevant form submissions. Form submission is the enrollment trigger. We use different wf for different types of form submissions.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @Jonnydk,

Thanks for reaching out.

I'm going to loop in some of our experts.

Hey @Phil_Vallender @bradmin do you have an idea on this?

Thanks!

Jess

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Jonnydk
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@JessicaH @Phil_Vallender @bradmin - do you have any tips or insights for me? Thanks!

0 Upvotes
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @Jonnydk,

I want to tag in some more thought leaders to see if they have any suggestions.

Hi @StefaniUAT @MeginVA @Aakar, do you have any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Jess  

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Aakar
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Thanks, @JessicaH 

Hi, @Jonnydk  Here's my flow:

We don't change the lead status once sales start working on it. When a lead re-converts again, we will send an internal email notification to the lead owner. The form submission and related tasks are automatically created in Salesforce. The same goes for contacts that are already in SFDC. We send an email notification to the Account/Contact owner and create a task. We don't create an opportunity in SFDC, we will leave this task to the sales team. 

Anyway, we are always busy experimenting and optimizing the automation part. 🙂

I hope it helps.
Thanks.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist