Lead Conversion to Contact not writing to campaign

Highlighted
New Contributor

We are encountering an issue with our sfdc and hubspot integration. Lead records are able to be updated and created seamlessley (based on our inclusions list) between CRM and hubspot. The issue we are encountering is after a lead is converted to a contact in SFDC. When this happens, it seems that hubspot stops tracking the person's campaign activity.

Example: me@gmail.com is converted to contact in salesforce. He is still active on the site and completes a form for a whitepaper that is set up to add him to a salesforce campaign upon submission. When he does this, he receives his whitepaper and we can see his submission in hubspot. However, in Salesforce, the campaign activity doesn't show up on his contact record, or in the campaign itself.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Esteemed Advisor

Hi, @mbraziti23. Is the Salesforce campaign marked as Active in Salesforce, and is it visible to the integration user (the user whose Salesforce credentials are stored in-app in HubSpot)? Those are the only two criteria campaign sync needs.

Even then, you'll only see the name of the Salesforce campaign in the Salesforce Campaign IDs property, no additional campaign or campaign member information is visible on a HubSpot contact.

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi @bradmin , thank you for the response.

We have no issue with lead records being tied to campaigns and seeing their hubspot activity within sfdc. However, when they convert to contacts, they do not show up in the campaign in sfdc. 

0 Upvotes
Esteemed Advisor

The only thing that would natively explain what's going on is if the converted contacts aren't visible to the integration user. Is HubSpot able to see the contacts after they're converted? Post-conversion, do updates in Salesforce on converted contacts make it into HubSpot? If not, there could be configuration in place preventing this.

If updates to contacts in Salesforce aren't making it to HubSpot, check your role hierarchy and sharing settings on contacts. It's possible that the integration user is set up to see some contacts, but not all. As a general rule, the integration user should have top-level access to all records and objects the connector speaks to (leads, contacts, accounts, opportunities, tasks, campaigns, and campaign members).

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
0 Upvotes