Marketing Integrations

jassie
Contributor

Last registered Zoom webinar link: HS link vs 'personal' link

SOLVE

Hi there,

Hubspot is still quite new for us and we're discovering the opportunities but also limitations (of course). 

To creat an ideal workflow for a webinar subscription we'd like to email subxcribers for a zoom-webinar from Hubspot, not from a no-reply@zoom.us emial address - with a no-go layout.

Looking into the data that is pushed into HS via Zoom you'll find the property "last registered webinar" - which seems like a personal link, but isn't (I guess).

Orginional Zoom link

Zoomlink in Hubspot property "last registered Zoom webinar"

Clearly, the last bit is missing. Is there a way to get that into HS as well?
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @jassie, hey everyone,

Stumbled upon this thread by chance. This is actually pretty easy now that HubSpot has introduced more sophisticated workflow copy actions. @KyleJepson recently explained these in his great LinkedIn post on copy property actions in workflows.

You can now create a custom single-line text property for an upcoming webinar, let's call the property Webinar 1 Join URL. In a workflow, you could then

(1) enroll all contacts who submitted a registration form into a contact-based workflow

(2) add the contact to the Zoom webinar (Zoom workflow action in the right sidebar)

(3) use the new copy workflow action to copy the join URL into the custom property (see Kyle's video linked above)

Once the join URL is copied into the custom property, this property can be used as a personalization token in emails.

(For each webinar, you would create a new property. Otherwise, with overlapping webinars there is the risk that the property value is being overwritten.)

Let me know if you have any questions about this!

If this solves the original issue for you, you can help others find this information by marking my post as a solution. I'd appreciate it.

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

23 Replies 23
LFujimoto
Participant

SOLVE

I have asked the support also, with no good conclusions. So i kept looking for some information until I found these comments. And this integration is definitely something Hubspot need to improve!

0 Upvotes
isabellweiss
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the solution @karstenkoehler 🙂 I tested it with the normal "Add to calendar" links and it worked fine! The value got pulled from the HubSpot property.

@DineshPuvvada What exact value did you insert from HubSpot into the location field? Only the internal value or the "full" personalization token value from the source code of the marketing email, such as {{ contact.webinar_start_of_internal_value_end }} ? This was my mistake first, but after that, it worked fine.

One thought: I inserted the links "behind" a button in the HubSpot marketing email. In total there are now three rather long links in the email. I am a bit worried, that these might cause these emails to bounce (Hard Bounce - Spam reason). What do you guys think about this? I will definitely observe this in some live tests.

Thanks again for sharing this solution! 

Best,

Isabell

jassie
Contributor

SOLVE

Will go after this later this week. 

Your solution looks great, although its still cumbersome to it done for 2 events per week (6 different calendar links). On the other hand - it might definitely reduce the no-show rate.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @jassie, hey everyone,

Stumbled upon this thread by chance. This is actually pretty easy now that HubSpot has introduced more sophisticated workflow copy actions. @KyleJepson recently explained these in his great LinkedIn post on copy property actions in workflows.

You can now create a custom single-line text property for an upcoming webinar, let's call the property Webinar 1 Join URL. In a workflow, you could then

(1) enroll all contacts who submitted a registration form into a contact-based workflow

(2) add the contact to the Zoom webinar (Zoom workflow action in the right sidebar)

(3) use the new copy workflow action to copy the join URL into the custom property (see Kyle's video linked above)

Once the join URL is copied into the custom property, this property can be used as a personalization token in emails.

(For each webinar, you would create a new property. Otherwise, with overlapping webinars there is the risk that the property value is being overwritten.)

Let me know if you have any questions about this!

If this solves the original issue for you, you can help others find this information by marking my post as a solution. I'd appreciate it.

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

SteffenHer

SOLVE

Hey @karstenkoehler, I just stumbled across your solution. Sounds great in principle. I just wonder what happens when users sign up for multiple webinars within a short period of time. If there is a webinar overview page, I have often seen registrations from the same user for multiple webinars within less than a minute. Do you have any experience whether the workflows still work properly then?
Many thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SteffenHer,

Since there would have to be a separate workflow for each webinar anyway, yes, this would work. The only limiting factor could be re-enrollment of the same workflow. However, each webinar needs its own custom property and its own workflow which would all individually be triggered and filled.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
SteffenHer

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler, thank you very much 🙂
Think we will give it a try. A workflow and a custom property for each webinar are no problem. 

I'm just a little concerned because the link in "last registered zoom webinar" is overwritten after each new "add to zoom webinar" action. Do the contacts go through the workflows strictly one after the other, even if they are enrolled in multiple workflows virtually within seconds? My concern is that the matching "last registered zoom webinar link" is overwritten by the "add to webinar action" in another workflow – before it is copied into the custom property.

Best regards!

0 Upvotes
YongBrendan
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Steffen, have you found any workaround? We also didnt want the last join URL to be over-written. We are considering to have a join URL #2 field with a workflow to play around with 2 URLs , but still "limited" to 2 webinars the contact can sign up concurrently

0 Upvotes
lwilliamsnha
Participant

SOLVE

I've been looking for this solution, I think, but I'm still not understanding how to actually use the personalization token to get them to the correct URL. For example, trying to get rid of the super long unique join URL that is generated with the "latest registered Zoom webinar" property (as well as eliminate the overwriting of this property with the next Zoom link). I created a new property for the specific webinar and used the workflow to copy the latest registered Zoom webinar to the newly created property but how do you code the personalization token in the email to either have a link to an image CTA or to even just have a CTA text link? Thanks, in advance, for any additional help! 

0 Upvotes
jassie
Contributor

SOLVE

Cool! Missed that video, but love the energy of @KyleJepson . 

Seems a bit easier than what I've created now, although I've to say it works like a charm as well - but way less fool-proof. 

• Webinar IDs sometimes need to be used as ### ### ### and sometimes as ########
  • A small typo is done easily when creating these emails

jassie_0-1626795563133.png

@karstenkoehler - Do you have a solution to neatly add a "add to calendar" button on confirmation emails? Thats still something we are struggling with...

lwilliamsnha
Participant

SOLVE

This is the documentation we are using to add calendar links to our webinar confirmation emails if it is helpful. Works great! https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/how-do-i-insert-a-calendar-invite-into-an-email

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Sweet! Happy it works for you.

For calendar links, I'd highly recommend this tool: https://www.labnol.org/apps/calendar.html

The links generated by this tool "accept" personalization tokens as well, see for example this Google Calendar link.

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/render?action=TEMPLATE&dates=20210720T161500Z%2F20210720T164500Z&location=INSERT_JOIN_URL_PROPERTY_HERE&text=Jassie%27s%20Webinar

In your email, simply replace INSERT_JOIN_URL_PROPERTY_HERE with the personalization token for the webinar URL.

If you want to get fancy, you could even personalize the event description and personally greet the contact, "See you at the event, {{ contact.firstname }} {{ contact.lastname }}". Haven't seen anyone do that yet.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions. And as always, if this is helpful for you, I'd appreciate it if you marked my posts as accepted solutions.

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler

DineshPuvvada
Participant

SOLVE

Hey there, Thanks for this solution! The personalize token worked well for Google Calendar. (Replaced: INSERT_JOIN_URL_PROPERTY_HERE with personalization token ) But, it's not working for Outlook. Any suggestions? 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DineshPuvvada, what exactly isn't working? Can you share more details?

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
isabellweiss
Contributor

SOLVE

@jassie  Yes! I will also test it this week and let you know, how it turned out. 

0 Upvotes
isabellweiss
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @jassie ,

thank you so much for your quick answer on this and providing the information. It is good to know that both links work, with or without the UUID parameter!

Concerning your issue with the "Last registered zoom webinar": It seems that there is one common thing in every join URL and that is the webinar ID that comes right at the beginning of the URL https://zoom.us/w/926xxxxxxtk=....

The "926xxxx" stands for your unique webinar ID. I am using the same approach as you have mentioned (copying the info from "Last registered zoom webinar" into a custom property that is then used a personalization token in a HubSpot email) but I have included a fallback in the workflow right before the confirmation email is send out. If the custom property does not included the webinar ID of the specific webinar an internal notification is send out and someone has to check the contact manually. I am still testing this, but this was my inital idea to make sure that everyone gets the correct join link.

I am still testing this idea though! 

Best,

Isabell

jassie
Contributor

SOLVE

Please keep in mind that I didnt check the UUID parameter yet. According to HS it comes to the same webinar (same login screen) but I actually never tested it with going live. I guess (not sure) that the "panellist" invites get a Zoom-link without ant UUID so it might be that the link without UUID is for panellist...

Hopefully, I've time this week to check it out. The difficulty is that the webinar-zoom-account is not on my name but a colleagues one so I've not the availability to test it on my own.

isabellweiss
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi all,

are there any news on this? I have noticed this as well, but as far as I know both links work and contacts can join the webinar via both links. I am still running some tests to see if this is really the case for everyone who registers for the webinar.

But an official statement would be good to really know if we can use the property "Last registered zoom webinar" and if the link provided in this property is valid.

Thanks! 🙂 

jassie
Contributor

SOLVE

I contacted the helpdesk and they're looking into it. Unfortunately, no time to follow up on the answer(s) but feel free to try it. 

So it seems (according to HS dev team) that the link is indeed the same. If so - we can use the property "last registered zoom link" in workflows and store it in another property. Though we're 'dependent' on how Zoom is handling this. E.g. in our case persons often subscribe directly in 1+ webinar at ones (just seconds after each other). The HS forms+workflow are handling this well, but not sure how accurate this "Last registered webinar link" property is...Its also "a black box" since the link for each webinar is different and the property only shows a link, not the webinar ID/name or something to identify it.

Here the answer.

Note: Due to some HTML that the custom care used I couldn't simply copy-paste the answer with links/lay-out. But I guess the message still comes across. 

Additionally: The links to the (past) webinar might have been slightly changed due to the earlier mentioned reason

Thanks for providing me with the clarifications on your question: How can I send an email with personalised Zoom-webinar-link? and Why is Zoom sending a different link (with extra, personal info). Please kindly refer to my answers below on these issues raised.

It seems like the main issue here is trying to understand if HubSpot's captured value from zoom for the "Last registered zoom webinar" URL is indeed accurate since the original link shared by Zoom's automatic email looks different from HubSpot. Zoom seems to add some additional characters to the end of the URL string, from your example "&uuid=WNYOkecp3KSlSKbtUk1aXxrw" are the additional characters added in the original zoom link. When HubSpot captures this value, we seem to omit those characters. To understand this behaviour better, I went ahead to click on both the links you sent across - the original zoom link and HubSpot property "last registered Zoom webinar" link. Both links took me to the same page (see gif. "zoom vs HubSpot link").

Since these are both not webinars that I've signed up for, it might not be the most accurate test here to understand this behaviour. Looking over the available documentation we have, I too was not able to find any information pertaining to this other than a brief description  of what the ampersand ("&uuid=wbrYOkecp3KSlSKbtUk1aXxrw") might connote as seen in the original zoom link. I've shared this information with my dev team to see if we can get more insights into this discrepancy between the zoom original link and our HubSpot property "last registered Zoom webinar" and most importantly determine if the links are indeed different or if zoom simply adds their own additional characters for their tracking purposes.

In the meantime, I would propose that you create a test webinar and send me the instructions to register for it so that we can use my registration as a test to see if the original zoom link and the HubSpot "last registered Zoom webinar" link brings me to the same web URL. This would be the most indicative test we can use to confirm whether this difference in the links are something to be worried about. If creating a new test webinar is not possible, I could also sign up for an existing webinar you might have scheduled that is due to commence after today's date 20/01/2021.

Back to the main questions you raised:

How can I send an email with personalised Zoom-webinar-link

I have gone ahead to create a test email here called Automated Zoom Email (HubSpot Test)  that uses two personalisation tokens [contact: first name] and [contact: Last registered zoom webinar]. Attached is a gif. file showing you how I went about inserting the personalised token for our "Last registered zoom webinar" link.

Why is Zoom sending a different link (with extra, personal info)

I was unable to find any documentation on both our end and on Zoom's end regarding why zoom adds additional characters to their webinar link. The only information I found was described in the article linked above under "brief description " specifically stating: In some cases, like this one, it’s very possible that it’s impossible to figure out what any one chunk of URL vomit can exactly mean. “That being said, it is pretty common for parameters to be used for keeping track of information that only has meaning to the site that is using them and they may not be publicly documented or explained.”

With regards to this zoom link vs HubSpot's link, I'll be waiting on my devs to see if they can provide me with an explanation here on why the characters in both links are different, specifically why the original link in zoom adds that additional: "&uuid=WNYOkecp3KSlSKbtUk1aXxrw" in their link.

One last bit here: This is a "standard" customised email I guess, without any "Zoom-related' info? Can you clarify what is in this email?

When a contact has signed up for your webinar, they will have a value stored in the property: "Last registered zoom webinar". The value stored here represents the URL of the webinar the contact most recently registered for. This is populated if the contact was added either as a registrant to the Zoom webinar using a HubSpot workflow or through a manual registration.

After a registrant has registered for your webinar, you can include an action in your workflow to send out an automated email with the intention of thanking them for registering and providing them with a link to the webinar. This is entirely up to your control here. Zoom automatically does this by default but in HubSpot, you can create your own automated marketing email with it's own unique content. In my opinion, when you create this automated email to send to a contact who has registered, you should include these content topics:

1. Thank you message for registering

2. Link to the webinar (which is inserted via the "Last registered zoom webinar" personalisation token)

3. Email sign off

However, this is entirely up to you to decide. The bottom line is you have the ability to customise the content of the automated email, that you would like to include in your workflow, to send out to a contact who has registered for your webinar.

I hope this information helps to provide you with more context here. Please feel free to write back if you need further clarifications, I'll be happy to help. I will get back to you ASAP on what my devs have found regarding the difference between zoom's URL link and HubSpot's link.

Additional answer

Thank you for your patience with us on this case, I've heard back from my devs looking into this case and have the following information to share with you below.

It's expected that we exclude the UUID characters from Zoom because the UUID characters is unique to Zoom's interface. We do not combine it on our end when we pull across the values for the HubSpot "Last registered Zoom webinar" property.

We populate the "Last registered Zoom webinar" property from the Zoom API response, and the link that pulls across via the API is the link provided to us from Zoom. We do not have control over this at the moment and are also unable to describe why on Zoom's end, they choose to include the additional UUID parameters in their link (perhaps it's just for them to track customers).

The important thing to note here is that with or without the additional UUID parameters in the link, the link itself will still open up the same page. We performed some testing on this and could successfully join with both UUID-included and excluded in the links.

I hope this information helps to clarify this bit here on the additional zoom link characters, please feel free to write back if you any further assistance on this!

StefanWendt
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jassie, how are you creating the webinar? With the standard process of creating it via Zoom webinars?

I guess you are taking the registration link manually from the Zoom Invitation section? Is there the possibility to enter the webinar link manually as well?

Best, Stefan

linkedin

Stefan Wendt

Gründer & Geschäftsführer

CIXON GmbH - Inbound Marketing & Software

+49 163 3993705
stefan.wendt@cixon.de
www.cixon.de
Unverbindliches Gespräch vereinbaren