Marketing Integrations

marvin42

Jira Integration: How can I change the integration user?

I hope this is the right place for this question.

I set up the jira integration for hubspot according to the knowledgabase article.

It works well so far, but all notifications about association and synced notes from hubspot appear to be authored by my personal (jira) user on the jira side.

I assume this is due to my user being the "integration user" referenced in the article section:

Please note: uninstalling the Jira app or switching the integration user will delete all ticket and issues associations in your account.

As I would like to change the integration to a jira admin user, how can I actually change the integration user? Or do I have to uninstall the integration, and reinstall it and associate it with a different jira user, and then the notifications on jira will come from that user?

If I understand it correctly, I have to manually re-do all the already existing associations anyhow, I just want to make sure that I am on the right track before I commit to it.

4 Replies 4
elizabeth2
Participant

So there is no way within HubSpot to change the deafult reporter? It will always be whoever set up the integration, and then it will need to be manually changed in JIRA?

0 Upvotes
OllyLD
Contributor

Sorry to jump onto this but where do I find modify reporter setting is this in Jira or HubSpot?

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

No worries @OllyLD, thanks for reaching out!

The MODIFY_REPORTER permission setting would be in Jira! This post from the Atlassian Community should be helpful.

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @marvin42,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

Just to clarify what you mean by "all notifications about association and synced notes from hubspot appear to be authored by my personal (jira) user on the jira side": 

Do you mean the 'Reporter' instance? 

Screenshot 2022-02-07 at 21.12.51.png

If this is what you mean, you should be able to choose a different reporter (who is not the integration user) if the user who has installed the integration has the MODIFY_REPORTER permission for the selected Jira project.

image.png

About switching the integration user: you're right, the Jira integration deletes tickets and issue associations upon uninstall so switching the user would basically remove all the data. That being said, there is a workaround: you could delete (or reduce permissions) for the current integration user in Jira, which would render the access token invalid. After that you should see the option "Reconnect" in the Connected Apps Management menu. That action would allow you to set new user for the integration.

I hope this helps!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings