Marketing Integrations

MEbbestrand
Participant | Elite Partner

Issue with Zoom to HubSpot integration - "Last registered Zoom webinar" not updating in HubSpot

SOLVE

I have tried Googling and searching this forum but haven't yet found anyone experiencing the same issue.

(also weird that I now have two confirmed instances of this same issue, from different companies with different HubSpot accounts)

Scenario:

The integration is fully installed and set up in the HubSpot portal. The company who is running the webinar and who owns the HubSpot portal is called Company ABC and has the e-mail domain @companynameABC.com.

We are using a HubSpot registration form on a HubSpot landning page to register the contacts for the webinar. We only have first name, last name and email in the form and those fields are mandatory.

On form submission we have a workflow that is utilizing the "Add contact to Zoom webinar" action. So far, so good. All contacts are added in Zoom as expected.

As we want to use HubSpot for our communication around the event instead of the templates in Zoom, we need to capture the unique access link appended in the out-of-the-box Zoom integration contact property "Last registered Zoom webinar" and copy it to a custom property for later use in emails.

And here comes the weird thing - in two separate cases we run in to the same integration behaviour: the out-of-the-box integration property "Last registered Zoom webinar" does not update for contacts that have the company's own internal e-mail domain @companynameABC.com however it works PERFECTLY with all other contacts/email domains.

In Zoom all contacts are added as expected, so it's to me very strange that just some contacts get the "Last registered Zoom webinar" property appended, but not all.

Is this something that someone has heard of before? Any ideas?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Issue with Zoom to HubSpot integration - "Last registered Zoom webinar" not updating in HubSpot

SOLVE

Hi @MEbbestrand,

I have set up the Zoom integration for webinars in a few portals. Personally, I'm not working with the "Last registered Zoom webinar". Theoretically, things could get messy when people register for multiple webinars.

Instead, I'd recommend creating a custom join URL for each webinar and then setting up the workflow as shown below:

karstenkoehler_0-1686298020312.png

That way, you could have multiple webinars in parallel and rest assured that a contact will have a join URL for each one – and can also be sent reminder emails for multiple webinars without the join URLs being overwritten.

The Zoom sync can fail at times so I'd recommend following the actions in the screenshot above with an if/then branch to check whether the join URL is now known or not. If not, repeat actions 1 and 2.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MEbbestrand,

The custom join URL is a HubSpot single line text property, not a Zoom property, see action 2 in my screenshot.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MEbbestrand,

I have set up the Zoom integration for webinars in a few portals. Personally, I'm not working with the "Last registered Zoom webinar". Theoretically, things could get messy when people register for multiple webinars.

Instead, I'd recommend creating a custom join URL for each webinar and then setting up the workflow as shown below:

karstenkoehler_0-1686298020312.png

That way, you could have multiple webinars in parallel and rest assured that a contact will have a join URL for each one – and can also be sent reminder emails for multiple webinars without the join URLs being overwritten.

The Zoom sync can fail at times so I'd recommend following the actions in the screenshot above with an if/then branch to check whether the join URL is now known or not. If not, repeat actions 1 and 2.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

MEbbestrand

SOLVE

Hi Karsten!

Firstly: thanks for taking the time to respond!

I agree on the parallel webinars getting messy bit: my solution to that was that I added a "Copy property value" action with ca 10 mins delay after the contact had been added to the Zoom webinar via the workflow. We then copied that unique registration link to a custom contact property called "Unique Zoom link for webinar XXXXXX" and later pulled the personalization token in the emails from there.

But I agree that creating a custom join URL sounds like a much safer option in this case, as we aren't as dependant on the data sync working properly!

Still think it's really weird though, as the property we are trying to utilize is a out-of-the-box Zoom integration property 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MEbbestrand,

The sync fails sometimes – have you checked the workflow for errors?

In any case, following the steps outlined above, including if/then branches has proven to be very reliable.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
MEbbestrand

SOLVE

Yup! The workflow is running fine, so it must be something weird in the data sync that wreaking havoc.

I am having difficaulties figuring out where I create the custom join URL in Zoom though: do you by chance know by heart which steps I need to take there?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MEbbestrand,

The custom join URL is a HubSpot single line text property, not a Zoom property, see action 2 in my screenshot.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

MEbbestrand

SOLVE

My bad! Now I'm 100% on board with the proposed solution!

I just tested it out in one of the affected portals and it certainly seems to be working as expected.

Huge thank you for the feedback!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MEbbestrand,

Happy to help! It looks like you accepted your own reply as a solution. If you could also accept my replies as solutions, that'd be great.

Have a nice weekend!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
MikeGoodbourn
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler, with your solution for this, am I right in thinking this would require a new contact custom property for every webinar created? If so, what would a solution be for an organisation that runs a large number of webinars? 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MikeGoodbourn,

Correct – if you're looking at a large number of webinars, you can either discard and archive properties shortly after each webinar (which I'd recommend anyway) or you'd have to use Zoom's own confirmation email instead of creating your own.

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes